Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in if for nothing more than losing what I gained over the holidays

Comment

I'm not the heaviest I've ever been but I'm the most out of shape I have ever been.

Starting today I am going to lose some weight and get back into my powerlifting shape. It worked for me in the past to lift heavy and if I start, the feeling is great. Starting today with bench, squat, power clean and some auxiliary lifts then will modify as I see fit.

Want to get as close to my old maxes as I can. I know I'll never hit it again but I want to see how close I can get.

Eating better. I guess it would be a modified paleo as I have always ate meat and veggies. Just dropping the sugars and fast food as much as possible.

Faith goal is to say a family rosary each week. We say it now but want to include out almost 2 year old as she is starting to learn. We pray together every night and have a book of prayers we read. We have a strong faith just want to start including our daughter

I have access to a gym and will be lifting during my conference period and when ever im in the office. Outside of football season I have a bunch of time to do this.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I was waiting for you to start this thread! I'm one of the ones that lapsed - in all phases - last year. I restarted the physical part of the journey yesterday. Jake (Mo's bf) and I worked out yesterday morning before they went back to Cstat. We started with a nice WOD that we came up with to ease into a little bit of cardio, mobility and core work:

Run to fence and back (slightly less than a mile)
        Backwards run to first cattle guard and back (slightly less than half mile)
        150m Walking lunges
        "Walking Squats" back from first cattle guard (deep squat-two steps-deep squat)

then we did an alternating 30 second row/ab roll (using Oly bar)

As expected, it was more difficult for both of us than it should have been, but it's a start!

I ate leftover dry turkey breast and blackeyed peas for lunch and cooked Halibut and sweet potato chunks along with a salad for dinner.

At almost 220 lbs, I'm as heavy as I've ever been and almost 30 pounds heavier than I was when I left Paris (and quit working out consistently). I'm trying to remind myself that my original reasons for starting CF in 2013 was for more than weight loss or strength gains. It was primarily to address some potential health issues (high cholesterol, low-T, stress, etc.) without resorting to medication.

My initial goal is to shed 20 lbs. as quickly as possible through strict diet and CF-style training. There is no CF box close by, but I'm seriously contemplating joining the Fitness Center at Lavaca Medical Center, where they have a "Krossfit" class two days per week that could supplement my solo workouts. Beyond the initial 20 lbs, I'm not as concerned with losing weight as much as losing fat.

I'm going to focus workouts on Metcons with more manageable weight/unbroken reps over Rx weight/broken reps.

Nutrition will focus on balance, portion control and less sugar, eating more fish and wild game, cooking healthy at home and eating out less. I also need to choose better options when eating out when travelling or eating out with clients. I enjoy a good adult beverage with friends, so I'm not sure I have the resolve to cut out alcohol completely, but I am going to get back to no alcohol during the week. I have a hard time consuming enough liquid of any kind, but I'm going to force myself to drink more water.

Thanks for helping keep me motivated! I've had multiple lapses, but y'all inspire me to keep at it!
        Anytime you are towards Sheridan, let me know and we can get a lift in at the hs.

Comment

I am in again! Goal is to continue to improve my overall fitness. I am fairly happy with where I am, but can always get better. I am shooting for function fitness that will help me with western hunting (legs, lungs and core).

Thanks Johnny for starting this for 2017

Comment

My goal is to enter in two - maybe three - triathlons this year. There was a stretch of 5-6 years when I did several triathlons each summer, but it has been about 10 years since my last one. I have been perusing the 2017 race calendar and in the next couple of weeks I will pick a few then go ahead and sign-up. Making that commitment way in advance goes a long way to keep me motivated and to train on those days I don't feel like it. I am confident that the swimming and cycling will not be a problem but it will be interesting at this age to see what awaits me as I try to increase my running mileage - I am going to have to be cautious and patient with that. A side benefit I am looking forward to is when I am training almost every day my body starts to crave healthy fuel and I lose my taste for junk food.

Good luck to everybody on achieving their goals!

Comment

I stopped working out on Dec 18 and had let my diet go since Thanksgiving. Boy could I tell it. Felt tired, sleepless, and just generally bla. Just finished a 30 minute HIIT and almost lost my lunch. My goal is to cut out the wine, I had done real well cutting out beer but justified it by drinking Red Wine 4-5 nights a week. 10% body fat by March!!

Great Job Everyone!!

Comment

I'm in. I started lifting for the first time in my life in November. Been doing a 3 day full body workout and treadmill. Lost about 8 pounds so far and can't believe how fast that my strength is increasing although I'm still embarrassed in the weight room.
                I got a fitbit and have been really using it to get up and move around plus log my food on it. Logging your food will really open your eyes.

I don't really want to bulk up. I'm really just wanting to tone up and increase my strength. I think I need to go to a split body work out but have no idea what I'm doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I slacked off majorly at the end of the year, before whitetail season started I was running 15-20 miles a week, along with strength training and was very fit cardio wise.....I hunted hard so I didn't workout as much and my diet was crap too....my main goal is to stay tuned up all year round regardless of schedule or season.....I ran 7 miles yesterday, felt good, but it wasn't as easy as it should be

Comment

^^^^^ Same here. Once hunting season starts it is difficult for me to maintain my workout routine. Running 12-16 miles a week, free weights and body weight exercises at home is my normal routine.

Comment

I turn 40 this year. My goal is that by August 1st. I am in the best shape of my life. I lost about 40lbs last year and need/want to lose about 70 more.

My immediate goals:

Finnish the New Orleans marathon sub 6 hours (Feb 5)
                      - I did the Disney Marathon in 2006 and it was ugly. I swore I'd never do another marathon again, but I listed to a podcast with David Goggins and my manhood has been questioned. I have to do another one just so I can prove to myself that I can.

Complete the "Murph" (Memorial Day) This one is going to be a real challenge.
                      - I currently can not complete 1 pull up.
                      - Jocko Wilinik says the only way to get better at pull ups is to do pull ups. I am building a pull up rack in the back yard and getting some bands so I can begin doing assisted pull ups.
                      - I am allowing myself the 1 caveat that I will do the Murph without weighted vest if I need to.

After Memorial day, I will reevaluate and create new goals to finish the year.

Comment

I'll join this year, but started last year. I had lost 62 pounds last year with healthy eating, conditioning and heavy weight lifting. But during deer season I have gained some back.

I am 42 and have had my ups and downs with the heavy lifting. I know I shouldn't lift so heavy but that is just me. It makes me feel like I have accomplished something. I was in a crossfit class but it was too far from my home and just didn't work out. I wished there was one close. I really enjoyed crossfit. So I am back on the weights, stair stepper, row machine and treadmill. I get mad when I don't see the quick results and I am finding out they are harder to achieve as quickly the older I get.

I will also quit drinking for the most part. I am back to eating tons of protein and some carbs. I do not focus as much on the pounds I loose but the inches instead.

My family has also started to go to church more and grow closer to Christ. It is something that we need and something we all want. It is not easy but it is a work in progress.

Comment

I'm in. 2016 was a bad year for me and I'm at my highest weight in 10+ years. Traveled a ton in 2016 and had back problems, lots of excuses.

Starting off right this year. We remodeled the office to add our own private bathroom and shower so I can now go for a run at lunch time when I'm in town. Wife started a 5am boot camp yesterday and since she's waking me up, I might as well drag out of bed and get a workout in too. We are both doing online Weight Watchers as well.

She has commited to a dry January and I'm gonna try to do dry Monday through Thursday

Comment

I'm back on board again. After suffering a bad shoulder injury in CF last year I think I'm all healed up all my hard work is gone and I'm fat again... O well no more excuses I'm working on a small home gym now and already started my diet. NO MORE EXCUSES!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Michael, glad to see you're still plugging. Transitions always disrupt a routine and make it difficult. Just gotta build a new routine to make it work for you.

Here's a strategy that's been helpful for me. Maybe it will benefit you and texas assassin and jmeghunts and others...

PLAN everything that matters and TRACK everything that matters. Also, don't focus on EVERYTHING all at once. Decide which one or two things in each aspect of your life matter the most right now, and then plan and track those. For example, for the fitness aspect of your life the things that matter are your nutrition and your activity. You can figure out what type of nutrition and activity you need to accomplish your fitness goals (losing weight, getting stronger, or whatever your goals are). But then plan out in advance what you will consume and your exercise program/schedule. Then keep score. Planning it out in advance is very powerful. Keeping track of your daily/weekly/monthly results is equally powerful.

Use a fitness tracker and/or app to do that. I used to use a FitBit and the app/website it comes with to track nutrition and activities. Lately I've not been wearing the FitBit, but I've been tracking nutrition on https://www.myfitnesspal.com/. It's a great tool. I haven't kept track of my activities on their - just nutrition. I've been planning and then tracking my workouts on the JEFit app. I like it a lot. I can program in my workout routines in advance, and then use my phone during my workout to guide me on every set, every rest, everything.... It's a great tool.

I've been working out on my own the last few months, rather than going to the gym and doing the group workouts I was doing before. Those workouts were just too hard on my knees - lots of running, jumping, lunges and the like. I'll soon go back to Bennie's gym to workout, but I will keep programming my own workouts to make sure I don't kill my knees. I miss the group/team atmosphere a lot though. Once they get their new weight room completed and open for business I'll be back there. Hopefully there will be a few others in the weight room while I'm there too, as opposed to everybody being in the group classes.

It's hard to plan all your own workouts all the time. It's just more hassle. A few weeks ago, I subscribed to a program that has workouts programmed for you. It looked like a good program for me, as the guy focuses on functional movements and proper programming and form to keep your body from getting banged up while still working hard. I've been doing it for a month or so, and it's been great.

Functional SHRED Training STRONGER. LEANER. HEALTHIER. FOREVER. We spent years developing Functional Shred to give YOU access to the same type of training that we've used to get unbelievable results with our one-on-one coaching clients. Get started today. GET STARTED NOW!

Just another tool to use to help me plan things out in advance so I don't wake up on Monday morning trying to decide what kind of workout I'm gonna do today. When you wake up and you already have a plan, all you gotta do is get to the gym and go.
                              Thanks for the info!

It's great to have the feedback, encouragement and accountability that this group provides. Good luck, everybody!

I did a CFP programmed WOD today that was perfect for me right now...

WOD-
                              21-18-15-12-9
                              •burpee over bar
                              •3 squat clean #185/135
                              Rest 60 sec.

Ex. 21 burpees, 3 clean, 60 sec rest
                              18 burpees, 3 clean, 60 sec rest....

*take 4 mins off of your total time. The idea is to bust through the rounds fAst and unbroken, then take the 60 sec to gas back up for the next round!

I did ok with the "unbroken: part, even if it wasn't really "fast!"
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

So I've been telling myself to quit dipping snuff. Of course telling yourself to do something and actually doing it are two different things lol.....so how did those of you that did it do it?

Comment

Working...
                                X