No announcement yet.

Bowfishing- Aim Low, what does it mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to throw another wrench in the mix, if a fish is in front of the light source (ie, bank shooting) AIM HIGH.........now that one really messes you up almost as bad as swapping between gar on top of the water and buffs/carp sitting under the water

instragram = @gawnbowfishing

Comment

Bow Fishing- I've never had so many misses in my life! Haha

Comment

Sounds pretty tough, but I still want to do it!

Comment

Great fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All light hits water and goes straight down which makes the image straight above where it actually is or straight below where it looks like it is.

Comment

Water bends the arrow, then the fresh air straightens it back out. If it is really cold out, it will actually bend the arrow the opposite direction. You will need an arrow straightener.
              Last edited by TP3; 03-20-2017, 10:42 PM. Reason: Wanted to get the facts straight.

Comment

Good info here

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sticker makes 100% sense of you've ever gone. Most misses are because your aiming too high. Refracation and stubbornness of shooter. It takes a while to get used to it. Ive taken guys that are a way better shot with a bow than me bowfishing and they arent as good as the little kid who will listen when you tell him to aim lower.

Comment

It means,,,,,,

Aim low.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                      Refraction
                      Originally posted by The General View Post
                      . Stick a broom stick into a swimming pool at 45* and you'll see a perfect example.
                      ^^^^
                      This...

Comment

I do most of my bowfishing on foot instead of out of a boat. Since the water is shallower, and The fish is generally VERY close, it's not as drastic of an altered aim point. This thread sure is making me want to get into the back of a lake....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Even the guys on Wicked Tuna miss every now and then.

Comment

Shootin' fish with a bow is indeed a very humbling experience! You can invent all manner of excuses as to why you can't hit 'em!

Dangdest thing I ever saw, I took old DrenalinJunkie (Forrest) bowfishing for his first time. Gave him a rigged out recurve and he took about 3 or 4 practice shots at stuff in the water before dark and hit pretty close to 'em... Sucker proceeded to go 6 for 6 before a miss! Never seen anyone do that before... Only trouble is, I created a monster! He was immediately hooked on bowfishing! Next thing I knew, he had bought a bow all rigged out and was bookin' trips, and goin' nuts shootin' fish!

Comment

Working...
                            X