Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
    I got a letter from the attorney and told them to pound sand, then I got laid off and wish I would have got in on it. Oh well.
    Even knowing now I wouldn't change it. It makes the lawyers rich that's it. I agreed to my pay and the way it was structured before my first day. I just hope it doesn't cause all of us to go hourly because we will make less in the end

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Even knowing now I wouldn't change it. It makes the lawyers rich that's it. I agreed to my pay and the way it was structured before my first day. I just hope it doesn't cause all of us to go hourly because we will make less in the end
      Yep! We're going hourly in January. It's bull crap!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post

Just more of the current liberal arse government getting involved and hurting all the companies taking the risk and providing jobs! All a bunch of BS and it will cause pay and rate changes will all companies!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This.

Comment

We haven't YET

Actually last company I was with had to pay the settlement and only moved their MWDs hourly but kept DDs on day rates. Not sure what they're doing to keep it going after already having to pay a settlement but I guess they found a way. Maybe that's why my current company has kept us? We met with lawyers to give our take on the whole way it's setup already.

I understand if you're hourly and not getting your overtime but it's screwing salary/day rate guys

Comment

I have several compressor stations I take care of in the pecos, pyote and monahans area and the drilling is going CRAZY!

Comment

We went hourly back in the middle of the summer. July I think. To say it sucked is an understatement. The rates they gave us were so bad that we would just sit around and purposely try to get laid off or fired. After a few weeks of the loss in employee production, the company re-evaluated our rates and made an increase but still not good enough.

Comment

I refused the settlement with the DD company I worked with. It was hard but at the same time I signed and agreed the wages I signed on when hired. We went hourly and they fixed it to where we basically get paid the same, I actually made more until our last pay cut across board. That one did hurt pretty bad. Haha. All mWDs are hourly but on The DD side we have hourly or contract. Really thinking of going contract when wages get back up when they get close to pre slow down. It is nice not worrying about taxes as an employee. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Headhunter View Post
                    I refused the settlement with the DD company I worked with. It was hard but at the same time I signed and agreed the wages I signed on when hired. We went hourly and they fixed it to where we basically get paid the same, I actually made more until our last pay cut across board. That one did hurt pretty bad. Haha. All mWDs are hourly but on The DD side we have hourly or contract. Really thinking of going contract when wages get back up when they get close to pre slow down. It is nice not worrying about taxes as an employee. We shall see.
                    Hourly is ok as long as you stay busy but any slow times it's terrible unless they give you guaranteed hours each week. I've heard some are doing that to replace the salary.

Comment

I hear ya. I have been hourly for 3 years now and I hate it until I have a 20 hr work day.

Comment

I can attest that hourly sucks. I have been a salaried employee since about 1995 and was put on hourly 2 years ago. It sucks balls and I am turning in my 2 weeks on Monday and going to find another job. We have gone from 84 hours a week to 56 hours a week. With pay cuts earlier this year and now this until about April or May I might as well go work at McDonald's and be home everyday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah it's really not bad. Our company if your hourly has to work you at a minimum of 20 days or they are losing money. if you don't work the office starts asking questions. I'm really hoping the wages come back after the year. But than again I have heard some of the wages that other company's are offering on the hourly rate are crazy low.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                            I hear ya. I have been hourly for 3 years now and I hate it until I have a 20 hr work day.
                            Yea luckily I get more than just a single day rate for the long days
                            Yeah it's really not bad. Our company if your hourly has to work you at a minimum of 20 days or they are losing money. if you don't work the office starts asking questions. I'm really hoping the wages come back after the year. But than again I have heard some of the wages that other company's are offering on the hourly rate are crazy low.
                            How do they lose money if an hourly worker isn't working?

I think wages will have to come up.. I'm expecting a shortage in guys wanting to come back and that's the only way to persuade them

Comment

How does the company loose?

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                              We went hourly back in the middle of the summer. July I think. To say it sucked is an understatement. The rates they gave us were so bad that we would just sit around and purposely try to get laid off or fired. After a few weeks of the loss in employee production, the company re-evaluated our rates and made an increase but still not good enough.

Wow! You just said that out loud!!!! I'll refrain form saying anymore!! Sometimes it would be nice for guys like you to have the burden of owning a company and see what actually it takes to make it! When things are good everyone is happy go lucky with their company! When things get tight us company owners are all sorry rich SOBs!

Hope you continue to thrive in your employment!

Comment

Oh, I should have explained that a little more, they pay a standby rate while at the house. So if you don't work they pay a fixed rate an hour. So basically That fixed rate is for 15mins while at the house. Comes out way more than the original salary rate. The hourly rate is the same, while at work they give you a fixed day rate which is higher than standby rate, but once you get over 40 hrs overtime is kicked in. The way they fixed it up you make the same or more than the original day rate stuff. An example, you have a chance of making 7kwhile sitting at home if you didn't work for that month. For that month they lost, 20 days is the break even point. Anything less than that they lose money. I was really skeptical when it happened however I make more with the new system. Weird and really hard to explain.

Comment

Working...
                                X