Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMB View Post
    Anybody seeing a turnaround in sight? We do work for Chesapeake and I heard from one of the Co. Man that they are pulling out three more rigs in the Eagleford. Doing some work for 2 right now on the Countiss lease between Tilden and Jourdanton on Hwy 16. Looks like we may be picking up another rig for Murphy out around Karnes. Anybody else picking up?
    I believe it's coming. 2nd quarter '17 I'm hoping will be good enough to put some numbers of people back to work. Out here in west Texas it's slowly picking up for sure

Comment

I went back to work the end of October and got offers from two other directional companies within a week of signing my offer letter, so I hope this is a trend for everyone else. I also heard from a buddy that H&P signed contracts to bring 30 rigs out of the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        I believe it's coming. 2nd quarter '17 I'm hoping will be good enough to put some numbers of people back to work. Out here in west Texas it's slowly picking up for sure
        My company is saying Q3 2017. I work with Shell and I know they have a huge new project in the gulf kicking off in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
          I went back to work the end of October and got offers from two other directional companies within a week of signing my offer letter, so I hope this is a trend for everyone else. I also heard from a buddy that H&P signed contracts to bring 30 rigs out of the yard.
          I heard the same. I heard they are bringing 38 rigs out. 12 are going to West Texas, 3 are heading to the Brownsville area and the rest in the Eagleford.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt_82 View Post
            My company is saying Q3 2017. I work with Shell and I know they have a huge new project in the gulf kicking off in 2018.
            ^^^^ I have been hearing the same.

Comment

Lots of compressors and other related equipment up and down 20 in the last few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                I've heard the same on H&P.. I'm thinking it won't be long before there is a shortage of hands out here either. A buddy of mine said Patterson called 160 guys to come back on their first try and only 22 wanted to come back to work in the field.

Comment

Overall or offshore?

Comment

I've heard the same on H&P.. I'm thinking it won't be long before there is a shortage of hands out here either. A buddy of mine said Patterson called 160 guys to come back on their first try and only 22 wanted to come back to work in the field.
                    Some people finally decided the ups and downs and tear on a family isn't worth it.

I know my better half decided the same thing, but the patch is pulling hard on her with several offers.

Comment

Overall or offshore?
                      Well, offshore. Upstream is picking up now...should be blowing and going early next year.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        Some people finally decided the ups and downs and tear on a family isn't worth it.

I know my better half decided the same thing, but the patch is pulling hard on her with several offers.
                        I don't have a family and I'm tired of it. This is my second rodeo with the O&G fallout. Going back to school to try to get in to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

It will be worth it to lots them when wages come back.

Comment

Well, offshore. Upstream is picking up now...should be blowing and going early next year.
                            Yea I think there will be lots of new land rigs up and running by summer

Comment

Originally posted by JMB View Post
                              lol yea I hear ya. Our West Texas location is slammed right now. Had a conference call this morning and they have 21 jobs on the board between today and Sunday.
                              Yea, our West Tx shop is so behind it ain't even funny. Up here in OK, I am slowly getting more and more everyday seems. Just like everyone else, we will be looking for hands. SOON

Comment

Was talking to a buddy yesterday that works for a pipeline company. He's down on 133 and he said 5 rigs were being put up in the Catarina area this week

Comment

Working...
                                X