View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 01:15 PM   #2583
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
I can tell you're frustrated and I totally understand why. But, please don't put others down because of it. O&G isn't the only occupation where a person can make a good living. There is many more occupations that pay just as much, sometimes more, than O&G. I know because I'm working my way into one as we speak. Besides that, some people are happy with what they do for reasons besides a salary. Doesn't mean they're any less of a person than someone who works this industry. I, for one, don't want, "the life" in your words. I'm not interested in it. Doesn't mean I'm a miserable person, with a miserable life, working a dead end job. That's a broad blanket statement. Doesn't mean I hate people that work in the O&G industry either. I'm sure you dislike it when someone makes a blanket statement aimed at ones living, "the life" right?
Steve is about as good a guy as they come and I know he doesn't mean people who aren't in O&G are any less of a person.. Some guys here are struggling and the frustration will show and show more and worse when certain people keep coming here to poke at them
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top