Rattle snake killing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
    Seems like I've heard that the majority of snakebites occur when people are trying to kill them.
    You have. A high percentage of people that get bit are usually messing with them. But did you know your 9 times more likely to get hit by lightning than killed by a snake? I've read those statistics a bunch of times. If I might be killed by one someday I might as well read up on it.LOL

Comment

“Whip it like a towel” lol

Comment

Cut that rattles head off, gut and skin and fry him up. Good eatin

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
          “Whip it like a towel” lol

https://youtu.be/22aYCoTe-0I
          This is my first option.

You said he is on your porch. I don't want to shoot my porch, so I would remove it with snake tongs and then chop it with a machete.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
            22 with snake shot
            this is plenty but make sure your shooting at an angle away from the house!
            9mm snake shot would be my 2nd choice if I was going to use a gun.....

410 is way to much on a porch!!!!!!!!

we used to just use a long limber branch about 1-2" in diameter and beat them,,, killed hundreds of snakes that way when I was a kid, a lot more fun too!

Comment

Most of the time, I just walk around. If they are in a bad place and need to be killed, like where kids are around, whatever stick like thing that's handy.

Comment

here is a how to video...

Hazard Zone TV brings to you the correct way to kill a rattlesnake or any venomous snake. Neal Hunt demonstrates the correct, easy, and ethical way to do so...

Comment

I dusted a copperhead on the back porch with .22 shotshell

When I looked later I couldn't see a mark on the concrete

Comment

Cotton hoe

Comment

Whatever I get my hands on first

Comment

300 win mag with a 5-25 optic of your choosing!

Comment

I hunted the snakiest place in Texas. Saw all the bad ones and would not spend a night on the property to save my life.
                          Carried a machete the 4 years we had the place....

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                            I stomped this copperhead a few weeks back. He thought it’d be cool to hang out in the shop with me. I was wearing Work boots.

A flat hoe is a handy tool for taking care of venomous snakes. The AMES Companies, Inc Union Tools 7-Inch Welded Sidewalk Scraper - 81103 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00002N6EC..._t1pDBbGDF5JKB

Nonvenomous snakes just get relocated outside the shop. I catch a few rat snakes every year

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                            I used to do that with water moccasins all the time. People thought I was a bit nuts. But where I grew up, we found moccasins all the time, usually when you did not have anything to kill them with. For a while there many of them got away, because I was running around trying to find something to kill them with. Then I came up the idea of just stomping their heads into the ground. It worked. I think it worked, because they never expected it. I would not try it with a coiled rattler, but with copper head or a moccasin, that just lays there with the mouth open wide hissing, it worked pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                              Most of the time, I just walk around. If they are in a bad place and need to be killed, like where kids are around, whatever stick like thing that's handy.
                              Pretty much what I do, I've had enough visits from the authorities over firearms being discharged in the city limits. Trust me they have no sense of humor about defending the public from skunks and snakes either.

Comment

I typically dispatch them with a shovel, snake shot, or a ditch bank blade.

Comment

Working...
                                X