Another DNA test results from AncestryDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
    I just think in situations people need to cautious how you go about things.
    If you come up with a template I'll buy it from you. It took me 17 hours to write 10 sentences when I was 98% sure I had found my birth mother.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Good for you.
      Never had the urge to send my DNA off somewhere to go into some database

Comment

Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
          We must all be related. One of my Great Grandpas stole a mule off a man, at sword point, after being wounded at Vicksburg trying to make his way back to Many, Louisiana. My Great Grandpa Small wrote a short story documenting his time in the Civil War.
          Your last name is Small and your from Many???? I used to work with Casey at Diamond Offshore years ago.

Comment

I find it interesting but have not done it. My maternal aunt has and actually had Native American lines on her results.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
              Native American?
              If you read the reviews of the various DNA tests you'll see many complaints by people claiming the test results didn't show any Native American DNA.
              As mentioned earlier, family campfire stories passed down the generations simply aren't true.
              Due to some pretty wild stories from members of my mother's family, I did the Ancestry test and it returned zero Native American DNA. When I announced my results it set off a war between myself and the die hard myth believers.
              Otherwise, Ancestry linked up about 100 people I was truly related to. Interesting, but genealogy really isn't my cup of tea.
              I'd recommend Ancestry.
              Same here. My sister had an Ancestory one done and it came back with zero Native American blood. We are English on my father's side but mostly Irish on my mother's side. My father's family was well documented in England back to mideavil times.

There was surprisingly some Scandinavian, Asian, Mediterranean, and Mid Eastern in there also, albeit a very small percent for the last three.

Comment

Another DNA test results from AncestryDNA

Certain gene expressions can skip generations-native American seems to be a common one. Mine doesn't show up but my mother had the test and hers does. I expect my children will likely link to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I asked my dad about the DNA tests, he said "what fer, they just gonna tell you that your half heathen and the other half redneck".

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                    Certain gene expressions can skip generations-native American seems to be a common one. Mine doesn't show up but my mother had the test and hers does. I expect my children will likely link to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Not sure how it works but female DNA can be more accurate than male.

Comment

The Texas generation thread got me wondering about our family history. I ended up go Mg through ancestry.com and was able to trace back both lines to the 1600s. I’m considering trying one of the DNA kits now.

Good luck on your search and I hope you find what you are looking for

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                        Not sure how it works but female DNA can be more accurate than male.
                        The mothers paternal side can be lost as they do not carry the Y chromosomes

Comment

My brother found our bio Mom. She passed away in 2008. He found his real birth certificate. Stuff is moving really fast right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                            My brother found our bio Mom. She passed away in 2008. He found his real birth certificate. Stuff is moving really fast right now.
                            I’m sorry to hear about your biological mother, but I’m glad you’re starting to get some answers! That site was amazing and overwhelming when I got on it.

Comment

Appreciate it. Wild ride last night. Looking for my birth certificate next.

Comment

My brother just had it done. The percentages came back about as we suspected. He was also notified of a 2nd cousin of ours, and she's SMOKIN' hot!

Pretty sure 2nd cousins are legal, right???

Comment

Working...
                                X