Arms falling asleep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
    I'm not saying that is what is going on with you but it could be and if you catch it early changing habits and physical therapy can fix you without neck fusion surgery
    Absolutely thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Thanks for that info guess i need to schedule with someone... lots of lifting with my work so I’m sure something is job related is likely
      I initially noticed it when lifting at the gym. Heavy weights certainly didn't help. Going a bit lighter in the gym was also part of my prescribed recovery.

Comment

I had the same thing happening to me. Come to find out for me it's was the new bed we bought. I can sleep on my side on the couch or guessed room with no problems but in our new bed it happens every time.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
          About a hundred different possibilities. If you have been working out a lot, it could be entrapment of the brachial plexus. For every "front muscle" (pectoralis maj/min., anterior delts, etc.) exercise, you should be doing 2 "back muscle" (trap, rhomboid, post. delt, etc.) . If you over develop the front, you will start getting entrapment of the nerves when your arms are in front of you. Look up thoracic outlet syndrome as well.

Most likely, there is some neck involvement as well. You could have a slight to moderate encroachment at the neck, then a slight to moderate in the shoulder girdle. This would lead to moderate to severe symptoms.

The nerves that innervate the arm can be entrapped in multiple different places, but the most common are the neck, shoulder, elbow, then wrist. It could be a combination of all of the above.
          Thanks Andy! Ya we’ll I’m pretty active with lifting boxes for a living then gym 4-5x a week... it feels as if sometimes like if i hold my phone an text for a few minutes as if blood flow is being restricted right at the arm pit... i drop my hands shake then and they’re fine.

Comment

Could be early signs of carpel tunnel syndrome. I had it, it started like that, then had to sleep propped up, then sitting up on the couch, then sitting on the floor with arms up and crossed on the coffee table, then finally had enough that I went to the DR. Might have them check for that.

Comment

Originally posted by louis View Post
              also might go to chiropractor.
              stay away from chiropractor.

Comment

I had the same problem a few years ago. Mine got so bad that in addition to my hands falling asleep at night, I had trouble with using my hands for detailed tasks. Mine was due to a nerve being restricted by my pectoralis minor muscle. I started doing pec. stretches and it went away in a few weeks.

Not sure if this is the same problem but it is an easy thing to try.

Comment

I would recommend Mischer Neuroscience institute at memorial Herman in the woodlands they should be able to tell you something about what's going on
                  My Doc Said that neck problems are going to be a epidemic with all the phone and computer use now looking down at a screen all day

Comment

I delt with this for a long time, went away when, for other reasons, I went on the keto diet, been on it about 10 months and it has not returned.

Comment

I do. Neck disc is to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                        One of the guys I work with is havin same problem. Went to doctor doctor and has to have neck surgery. You may not have to do that but would get it checked out
                        ^^^^^this. Mine do this and my C2 and C3 are the culprits.

Comment

Another thing it can be is the veins/nerves in your elbow. I get this a lot when I sit with elbows bent or lay down facing up with a tablet. Being a programmer,I have to get up and walk every 20 minutes to keep my arms from being bent like that too long. What you described about your phone is same thing I first noticed. I'm same way,run and lift every day (well less now since I hurt my achilles and forearm).

Comment

if your around the Conroe area are looking for a chiropractor I recommend Sandstone Chiropractic off of League Line

Comment

I've had the same problem, docs told me it was carpal tunnel and tried to convince me I needed surgery to cure what ailed me, I thought they were full of it so I tried several other avenues. Turns out I was right, a few visits to the chiropractor, no more numbness and tingling in my hands and arms!

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                                About a hundred different possibilities. If you have been working out a lot, it could be entrapment of the brachial plexus. For every "front muscle" (pectoralis maj/min., anterior delts, etc.) exercise, you should be doing 2 "back muscle" (trap, rhomboid, post. delt, etc.) . If you over develop the front, you will start getting entrapment of the nerves when your arms are in front of you. Look up thoracic outlet syndrome as well.

Most likely, there is some neck involvement as well. You could have a slight to moderate encroachment at the neck, then a slight to moderate in the shoulder girdle. This would lead to moderate to severe symptoms.

The nerves that innervate the arm can be entrapped in multiple different places, but the most common are the neck, shoulder, elbow, then wrist. It could be a combination of all of the above.

I agree with this completely! More than likely I imagine you can possibly skip having surgery done at this time if you will go visit a good PT. I would guess some entrapment issues are present and could be more than 1 site. As he stated above check into thoracic outlet syndrome as a possibility and if going to PT they should screen for this but if not ask questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X