Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

protein protein protein! lyssy and eckel!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWAThog View Post
    Anyone know if they sell L&E in N. TX and where?
    I've been trying to find it too.

Comment

We starting using it 2 years ago and our deer made a huge jump so we havn't stopped using it. We have 5-2500 lbs feeders and we pay $420 Ton with a gas surcharge of $125 and $150 delivery fee.

Comment

Cant find it within 25 miles of us.

Comment

Using L&E also. Going through about 1k lbs a month.

Comment

Been feeding now for the past 8 years.

Deer are eating about 4,000lbs per week

Comment

Originally posted by SWAThog View Post
              Anyone know if they sell L&E in N. TX and where?
              They deliver ours to the ranch in crowell

Comment

What do you East texas guys do for bulk protein buys? like something near san Augustine area?

Comment

They deliver to us in bags. 3000# per week is what we feed and could feed more we just limit them. It's expensive at that rate.

Comment

Based on the prices posted above for L&E, bulk can save you between $75 and $125 per ton. I know a lot of folks are not set up for bulk delivery, but it has been a life saver for my back....

Comment

FYI...they sell L & E in Cranfills Gap at Gap Ranch Supply. Super nice folks. You can't miss the store. Right off Highway 22 by the gas station.

Comment

We just bought our second round of protein for our place... It's amazing how fast they got on this L&E protein... They are loving it. We have trail cams on it now and the deer are killing these feeders! It's awesome. We never have fed it before, I always wanted to... Then when the rest of the family that hunts out there started seeing how much the deer were on it, they jumped on board quick! It took some convincing... However I know that the first year of protein isnt going to make a huge difference, I don't want to tell them that though haha! On the other hand I am optamistic, because these deer have never had the healthier food, so one way or another its going to show some benefits this year I think even if its just a few more lbs on the deer...

Comment

It will definitely increase their body size as well. When I first started feeding protein the heaviest buck we killed, weighed in at 162 lbs. Two years later we killed one over 200lbs. Even in some of these drought years, they are still over 190 lbs at the beginning of the season. The heaviest killed so far was a cull 6 point that went 212 lbs. I love seeing those big ole fatties strutting around at the beginning of the season.

Comment

Just put 1500lbs out on the first and can't wait to get out there to see how they are taking the switch from Antlermax.

Comment

yea we buy protein from lyssy and eckel in george west and the deer like it alot...so do the coons

Comment

L&E is some great protein. Our deer are going through 1,000 lbs every 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X