No announcement yet.

Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my fathers red 200A just like yours I still use today.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
      I have my fathers red 200A just like yours I still use today.
      Very nice. My kids will get all of my Coleman gear.

Comment

Very nice! Do you find most of yours at garage sales?

Comment

Yes. You would be amazed at the Coleman gear gathering dust in peoples shops and garages. Now I started off just wanting gear for camping. I found some really great deals after that.

This stuff is 30 plus years old and still working. Still lighting up the night and cooking our foods trip after trip. I think that's why I got hooked.
          Last edited by 2050z; 05-04-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Scored one of the military versions today (1985 1594L) It's in very good condition, has the extra mantles, wrench, spare generators and the box. I could probably flip it for well over 5x what I paid for it. It's a cool lantern.

I paid $10 at a garage sale today. I'm very happy with this find.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0122_800.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	385.5 KB
ID:	24380149

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
              Scored one of the military versions today (1985 1594L) It's in very good condition, has the extra mantles, wrench, spare generators and the box. I could probably flip it for well over 5x what I paid for it. It's a cool lantern.

I paid $10 at a garage sale today. I'm very happy with this find.

[ATTACH]713521[/ATTACH]
              I never knew there was such a collector bug for these. I had a lady next to our camp site last year give me a total of 7 lanterns and a coleman heater. said she was cleaning out her old garage and found them. figured she would find a wanter for them. one of them is the military style with all the goodies like yours.

Comment

I believe I have a stove in the shed that may have been used once or twice. I forgot all about it till I saw this post. Bought it then got a propane stove and never used the coleman again. Will have to see if its still there, wifes having a garage sale in a week or two.

Comment

There are lots of Coleman gear scattered all over the states just waiting to be found, restored and used. I only have three items that will never get used. Everything else I get is for using. My kids get a stove and one lantern from me.

Casey found a nice one for sure.

Comment

502 with accessory tray

502 with accessory tray
                    Burner needs some cleaning and it looks like the valve handle got a little hot.
                    That tray will be moved to one of my lanterns. Scratch this one off my list. Just need to get a heat drum for it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Talk about some brand loyalty!

Comment

Coleman made/makes some great gear that last for many years.

Comment

Here are some of my Coleman's.

Comment

I'm another Coleman addict. Dad got me started. Honestly can't tell you how many lanterns and stoves I've accumulated.

Got gems posted here already.

It's fun to collect, fix up, and use.

Comment

Here are some more pics.

Comment

I've got this one probably needs some work. Hasn't been used in years.

Comment

Working...
                                X