Ray Roberts Hybrid Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
    Richland Chambers..... hell being old! Must have been to early this morning when I posted this???

Congrats on a helluva trip ....to RC..

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
      Richland Chambers..... hell being old! Must have been to early this morning when I posted this???
      Ah! Cool! Who did you guide with? we went with Adam Simmons over memorial day and kinda got our butts kicked. we had about a dozen keepers but worked til noon to get them. don't you love when a guide says "man, it is never this slow!, must be the full moon!". we tried for catfish and couldn't hardly get a nibble so it was just bad timing.

Took my two girls fishing there last weekend in our little jon boat and we had a catfish on the hook in the first two minutes - all small channels but still fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Never known hybrids to be stocked it that lake. But hey .....stranger things have happened and I reserve the right to be wrong...

These aren't supposed to be in the lake either

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          These aren't supposed to be in the lake either

Ha! We've caught some of those in Buchanan...where there are not supposed to be any.

Comment

The bottom one is a spot/smallie hybrid.

Comment

Beautiful fish AP....I drove 19 hours one way for 6-7 years pulling my boat to fish for those things in the northwoods of Minnesota. Wish they were more plentiful around here. Love catching smallies

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Beautiful fish AP....I drove 19 hours one way for 6-7 years pulling my boat to fish for those things in the northwoods of Minnesota. Wish they were more plentiful around here. Love catching smallies
                I've caught 3 that I believe were pure smallies and 3 that I think were hybrids. They are becoming more plentiful but it is still a crap shoot to catch one.

I want to go on a good smallie trip somewhere.

Comment

All caught on shad?

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                    I've caught 3 that I believe were pure smallies and 3 that I think were hybrids. They are becoming more plentiful but it is still a crap shoot to catch one.

I want to go on a good smallie trip somewhere.
                    Planning to do a four day float on the Buffalo River in northern Arkansas in September. I'll report back! i haven't caught a small mouth in 20 years and hoping this year to fix that!

Comment

Working...
                    X