No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brock #84 and his best bud Colton this morning.

Then my #22 Logan...

gonna miss these days...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep it going !

With all the complaining about USSSA, I have no idea how they last. I've never seen the AAYBA format.

Comment

Well we are 2-2-1 here at PG Atlanta so far. Tied a game we should have won. Lost a game we should not have. Got throttled by a team that outmatched us. My kid is on the bump tomorrow at the Lake Point facility. Say a prayer for calm nerves as it’s a big stage and a lot of pressure for a kid. I’ll take pictures tomorrow and post up. If you guys ever want to see talent at 15-16-17 years old make it out here. I would not come with the idea of winning but just to play good baseball

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          Keep it going !

With all the complaining about USSSA, I have no idea how they last. I've never seen the AAYBA format.
          I agree about the USSSA here in Houston, but one guy is the only problem. Since I'm going to Balk Parks Of America next year I will not play one USSSA tournament. I was lied to and it almost cost me a couple kids during my World Series and they already paid a lot of money to play. Plus there crazy brackets this year that make no since I'm done. I will say they do run a good World Series out side of all the BS!

Comment

Keep it going !

Yeah it's strange, you play 3 pool games, then get seeded somehow by your pool record and your class, AA/AAA/Majors, not sure how they do it really. But they seed you for a "crossover game" and the winner of that game goes to a higher bracket and the loser goes to a lower bracket.

There are 5 brackets that will start after the crossover game, platinum, diamond, gold, silver and bronze.

It's as clear as mud as to how it all works

Comment

Good luck to those still going strong !

We are starting workouts the last week in July - Tryouts the first week in August.

We lost 2 and picked up 2 on the roster of 10. Coach says we may pick up 1 at tryouts if they are a stud. Last year we played one Fall tournament and bumped to AAA for all of Fall and Spring. Looks like the same could happen again to Majors. I don't know how competitive we will be, but it seems very cool to see development as a team, and a good core of kids getting better together.

We have 5 kids from the baseball team playing football 7v7 together in the Fall. Winter, they are supposed to do some basketball. I'm liking the set up.

Comment

Glad to hear it's working out for you guys man

What are yalls thoughts one these two statements....

Kid---Coach told me not to use my new bat because the barrel is too small.

Dad---too small? It's 2 3/4" just like all the other ones.

Kid-- no, he said the handle is too long and thin and the barrel is too short.

The bat in question is a brand new demirini voodoo, 30/20, 2 3/4"

Also, kid-- Coach told me not to hit heavy balls before the game any more because it makes me want to pull the ball all the time.

Dad---What. The. .....

Asking for a friend...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  Glad to hear it's working out for you guys man

What are yalls thoughts one these two statements....

Kid---Coach told me not to use my new bat because the barrel is too small.

Dad---too small? It's 2 3/4" just like all the other ones.

Kid-- no, he said the handle is too long and thin and the barrel is too short.

The bat in question is a brand new demirini voodoo, 30/20, 2 3/4"

Also, kid-- Coach told me not to hit heavy balls before the game any more because it makes me want to pull the ball all the time.

Dad---What. The. .....

Asking for a friend...
                  Wouldnt be on the team without ya ! lol. Never would have found that facebook group on my own with no experience searching for that kind of thing.

I wouldn't want any Coach commenting on any equipment. That's just me. That could get into a kid's head, and then that's good money down the drain. If the Coach feels a certain way, he should approach the Parent. That's my opinion anyways.

I am still new to the technical stuff, but weighted balls make you pull more? Have you heard that before? I have not, and again something you shouldn't put into a kid's head in my opinion. Less thinking, more correct reps.

Comment

Why is your kids soccer coach telling him what to do at baseball?

Comment

Wouldnt be on the team without ya ! lol. Never would have found that facebook group on my own with no experience searching for that kind of thing.

I wouldn't want any Coach commenting on any equipment. That's just me. That could get into a kid's head, and then that's good money down the drain. If the Coach feels a certain way, he should approach the Parent. That's my opinion anyways.

I am still new to the technical stuff, but weighted balls make you pull more? Have you heard that before? I have not, and again something you shouldn't put into a kid's head in my opinion. Less thinking, more correct reps.

so i guess i should believe that demarini made their bat to the the wrong specs? c'mon man. its the 2-piece alloy equivalent of the ZEN that everyone loves. i was shocked to hear thats what he said.

and no, i have never heard anyone say anything bad about the heavy balls. its been a thing me and Brock have done before all his games since 7u, when we could, i will throw him about 10 with his wood bat then about 10-12 with his game bat. yesterday he says, "dad coach said i cant hit heavy balls anymore before the game because they make me try to pull the ball."

are you serious right now? our end of season "interview/eval" is going to be real interesting next week if we feel the need to go

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Why is your kids soccer coach telling him what to do at baseball?
                        haha man...i told the other dads and they couldnt believe it.

Comment

haha man...i told the other dads and they couldnt believe it.
                          Tell him to tell the coach “My Dad says you’re buying me a new bat”.

Comment

Asking for a friend...
                            Hahaha!!!! Too much time on NTBVTW.

Comment

My kid came in tied game in 7th. Faced 3 batters and just came in and threw heat. He said he walked up to catcher after throwing 2 strikes and said hold 1 finger down cause that’s all I’m throwing. He blew it past all 3 kids he faced. I would rather see him actually pitch but today he just came downhill and chunked the ball. He hit 88 and change today off the bump as a 15 year old. We are at Braves game right now. I’ll put a few pics up tonight

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                                Hahaha!!!! Too much time on NTBVTW.

Comment

Working...
                                X