5 Day Coolers - Coleman VS. Igloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Day Coolers - Coleman VS. Igloo

It's time for me to buy a new cooler, and I'm gonna go with a 5 day. I wanted to see if any of you guys had any good/bad experience with either of these 2 brands. I'm trying to stay under $80 or so.

BTW - I don't have the money for a $300 cooler, so please don't tell me that's what I "need".

I saw a 120 qt at Sams in Katy today for $68.00. 7 day Igloo. It was such a great deal, I bought one.

Comment

Do yourself a huge favor.At all costs, avoid the Igloo Max Cold 5-day cooler. A paper sack will hold ice better than this. I used to believe {in error} that igloo was much better than coleman. Not anymore. The best cooler I have found is the Extreme Cold by Coleman. It will hold ice better than anything I have tried {i am not spending $200 on a yeti}. They are very reasonable and hold ice well. if you go to a camping website {Rv.com, Pop-up Explorer etc...} and ask the same question, they will tell you the same. Coleman Extreme is the way to go. Good luck.

Comment

If you make it to west Houston, run by the Igloo factory and you can get 2nds from the factory for pretty cheap.

Comment

I've found in the last few years that coleman are better coolers than igloo.
          That said, if I could get an igloo on the cheap (factory deal or something) I would.

Comment

go with the coleman . And stay away from the dark color coolers.

Comment

I have Igloo 5 day and I have been disappointed in it. It will keep ice for about 2 days and that is it. I guess it could keep ice for 5 days but it would have to be a huge block ice. Go with the coleman....

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                I have Igloo 5 day and I have been disappointed in it. It will keep ice for about 2 days and that is it. I guess it could keep ice for 5 days but it would have to be a huge block ice. Go with the coleman....
                x2

Comment

I love my coleman extreme cold. Filled it up with ice thursday night, left in the back of my truck all weekend opening and closing it for beer and food and when I dumped it Sunday evening it was still 3/4 full of ice

Comment

I have an older 5 day Coleman and pleased with it. Only drawback is it is heavy empty.

Comment

Kent: you "should" have filled it with meat, but......oh, nevermind.
                      Last edited by chehunt; 10-07-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I will never buy another Igloo!

Comment

Coleman has the Ultimate Extreme 6 day coolers that I would like to try, but havent seen on the shelves.

The problem with most coolers isnt the cooler itself, but the ice. Cubed or round ice with the dimples wont last a day, but crushed or shaved ice will last a long time, cause there is no air in betwixt the cubes. Its all ice!
                          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

I like to buy Igloo cause a lot of them are made near Houston...just up I-10. Just supportin' the local businesses.

Comment

Neither one of these coolers are worth a crap. I have both and the wont keep a 20 lb bag of ice for one day. Just my opinion...

JN

Comment

Working...
                              X