Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just google "pulled pork" any recipe will work in a crock pot

Comment

Can you use a shoulder off a wild hog for this?

Comment

I love sauerkraut and ribs in a crockpot--and a shoulder works just as well. Layer of kraut in the bottom, butt in next, cover with rest of kraut, 8-10 hrs and done.

Comment

Tried a a crock version last week.

Rub onto the shoulder.
          Shoulder into crock.
          Add can of coke.
          Add cut up red, orange and yellow bell peppers.
          8 hours on low.

I had to remove a bunch of liquid when it was finished. Mama said it was great. I said it was easy as pie to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite13 View Post
            Can you use a shoulder off a wild hog for this?
            Yes, but the ham may yield better (and more) results.

Pork has good flavor on its own, so something as simple as salt, pepper and a little liquid (cola, stock or even water) cooked low and slow in a crock pot will give good results. Add herbs and aeromatics to flavor as desired depending on what you want as the end result (roast, bbq sandwiches, tacos, etc).
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

My wife will put the Pork Butt in a crock pot and cover with salsa. It makes a quick pulled pork recipe that we will use for taco's if I don't want to fire up the BGE.

Comment

I like to put a large can of rotel, some cumin, beef bullion in with pork butt and cook overnight for pulled pork carnitas.

Comment

The two cans of French onion was too much. Still good but heavy on taste. Beginner mistake lol. I later made a beef roast like this no French onion. Need broth with half a can dp. Had to hide it so I had lunch the next day lol

Comment

Tagged!! HEB has pork butts on sale for $1lb and I just picked one up!!! It's on now!

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                      Tagged!! HEB has pork butts on sale for $1lb and I just picked one up!!! It's on now!
                      Kroger has them for .88

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                        Kroger has them for .88
                        Kroger is not allowed in these parts, though I wish they would head this way

Comment

I found this on Pinterest a few years ago. I've done it 10-12 times and I love it. I cook it in one of the Le Creuset Dutch ovens, but I've used the crock pot a few times. The bone just slides out.

If you want the best pulled pork sandwich ever, this pulled pork recipe is a must try. It's so good you don't even need BBQ sauce!

Comment

Rub with black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and brown sugar. Mix together 1 jar of Better Than Good Hellfire and 1 jar their Texas Moppin' Sauce and pour on top of butt. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. You can add a chopped onion if you like. This recipe also works great with ribs.

I like the Better Than Good sauces because they are lower salt and lower sugar than other bbq sauces.

Comment

Working...
                            X