X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking around for an Answer to shoot

Comment

Originally posted by 1TexasPatriot View Post
      I'm new to the archery game, but I shot the Insanity, Heli-M, Invasion, Carbon Element, Quest Primal, Vector 32 and 35 and Carnage.

I chose the Vector 35 then bought a Maxxis 35 from a TBH'r

The Heli-M had NO valley at all. It just didn't feel comfortable, and the Insanity was too aggressive for me. But a aggressive as the Insanity was, if my only choices were it and the Heli-M, I would have chosen the Insanity. Intersetingly enough I loved the Quest Primal, I liked it alot. Just didn't want to buy it from a box store.

Never shot an Answer, have no opinion on that.
      I always get tickled when i here speed bows called buttery smooth....Agree on the valley. To me the valley was better on the insanity. But i often here speed demons billed as smooth. None of em are and are not ment to be. They have to be aggresive to generate those speeds. They make em as smooth as they can. All companies. Some are smoother than others and alot of em have a different break over and valley. My 82nd is not what i know as smooth. But it is plenty managable and i am very accurate with it. Even at longer ranges.
      Last edited by JW; 05-18-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        I always get tickled when i here speed bows called buttery smooth....Agree on the valley. To me the valley was better on the insanity. But i often here speed demons billed as smooth. None of em are and are not ment to be. They have to be aggresive to generate those speeds. They make em as smooth as they can. All companies. Some are smoother than others and alot of em have a different break over and valley. My 82nd is not what i know as smooth. But it is plenty managable and i am very accurate with it. Even at longer ranges.
        Everyone is different. Just like we all like different music, different women and different bows . I never thought I'd say a speed bow was smooth but I thought the Destroyer 350 was smooth or the Carnage with a 345 IBO speed but they were at the poundage I shot them at (60/61). I think that makes a huge difference.

Comment

You are more than welcome to shoot my Answer if you make it this way.....Im in Hallettsville.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Kade View Post
            Everyone is different. Just like we all like different music, different women and different bows . I never thought I'd say a speed bow was smooth but I thought the Destroyer 350 was smooth or the Carnage with a 345 IBO speed but they were at the poundage I shot them at (60/61). I think that makes a huge difference.
            Austin your too young to understand what im sayin bro.

Comment

DO yourself a favor, go see Jerry. I have shot helim and didn't care for it one bit. And then when I saw you could felx the riser with your bare hands it totally lost me. Jerry has the Heli-m, Elite, Bowtech, PSE you can compare alot of bows. And if you buy one, it will shoot lights out before it leaves the store or it won't leave.

Comment

Austin your too young to understand what im sayin bro.
                I'm 37........

Comment

I'm 37........
                  Apparently not been bowhunting long enough tho to remember what a smooth bow was.

And yes. I had you confused with someone else.

Comment

I think there is a place in Willis that has elite. Bushmaster Archery I think.

Comment

Apparently not been bowhunting long enough tho to remember what a smooth bow was.

And yes. I had you confused with someone else.
                      Been bowhunting since 1990...first bow was a PSE Thunder Flight Express, what else ya got?

No problem, I'm hitting the hay, I'm beat. Had to fill 24 bags of corn into 5 feeders today.

Comment

Been bowhunting since 1990...first bow was a PSE Thunder Flight Express, what else ya got?

No problem, I'm hitting the hay, I'm beat. Had to fill 24 bags of corn into 5 feeders today.
                        A thunder chicken. Had one too great bow at that time.

Comment

since its still up in the air i would go see jerry and shoot the answer then a sx rush. i think these are the top of the line bows this year for "speed" bows. yes, they are not the fastest but offer the shooter a perfect balance of speed, forgiveness and shootability. you have a lot of great models on the table so just go shoot the flagship speed bow from everybody. a couple of tanks of gas is better than not knowing.

good luck.

Dave W, i live in the houston area and would be more than happy to hook up with you so you could shoot my rush. santa fe, is a dealer know and they have all the 12's on hand. it's a little far so let me know if you are intersted. i'm not going to try and sell you on the bow, it sells itself..............
                          Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 05-20-2012, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I bought the elite answer and have never looked back. Smooth quiet and fast what more do you want.

Comment

Working...
                            X