Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis

My daughter was recruited by an alphabet LEO agency when she graduated from Rice last May. After undergoing the background, she has learned that her duty station will be Memphis, TN, where she will start he career as an intel analyst. Anyone on the GS have any suggestions on where the best rib place is in Memphis. I don't have much time, as We are going up Saturday morning and coming home Sunday, so was hoping to have something in mind before we got there, so we won't be having to do a lot of searching.

To hell with ribs. You go find Gus's Famous Fried Chicken and you will thank me for the rest of your life.

For good ribs though...check out Marlowe's.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      To hell with ribs. You go find Gus's Famous Fried Chicken and you will thank me for the rest of your life.

i'm sucker for fried chicken, so I might try them both, gotta eat lunch and dinner,

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_243 View Post
        i'm sucker for fried chicken, so I might try them both, gotta eat lunch and dinner,
        I ain't playing about the chicken. I'm serious....do not doubt me. It'll change your life.

Comment

I ain't playing about the chicken. I'm serious....do not doubt me. It'll change your life.

You got me wanting chicken now fo sho

Comment

You got me wanting chicken now fo sho
            True story....Jen and I saw Gus's Famous Fried Chicken on the Food Network one saturday morning as we lay in our bed in Porter, TX. About 10 hours later, we ate at Gus's that night in Memphis. I'm a fool for some good yard bird.

Comment

True story....Jen and I saw Gus's Famous Fried Chicken on the Food Network one saturday morning as we lay in our bed in Porter, TX. About 10 hours later, we ate at Gus's that night in Memphis. I'm a fool for some good yard bird.

I'm checkin out the their place now on the devil box

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter was recruited by an alphabet LEO agency when she graduated from Rice last May. After undergoing the background, she has learned that her duty station will be Memphis, TN, where she will start he career as an intel analyst. Anyone on the GS have any suggestions on where the best rib place is in Memphis. I don't have much time, as We are going up Saturday morning and coming home Sunday, so was hoping to have something in mind before we got there, so we won't be having to do a lot of searching.
                Well, being that she and I are almost like fraterernity sisters and all, and she is now like in the CIA, FBI and Secret Service, send me her phone number. I have some background checks I want to do on some of these clowns around here!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Well, being that she and I are almost like fraterernity sisters and all, and she is now like in the CIA, FBI and Secret Service, send me her phone number. I have some background checks I want to do on some of these clowns around here!

lol

Comment

This is the truth. Most of my family lives about an hour northeast of Memphis. I stop there every time we visit.

Comment

You have piqued my interest. I googled it and found they have a location in Austin and Ft. Worth. May be worth a road trip

Comment

Find BBQ in Memphis. Hit one of the big name places and take a walk down Beale on Saturday night. Hit Gus' in Little Rock on your way back south.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                          Find BBQ in Memphis. Hit one of the big name places and take a walk down Beale on Saturday night. Hit Gus' in Little Rock on your way back south.
                          For the record, Memphis BBQ sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            I some what agree with you, especially when it comes to the touristy restaurants like Rendevous and some of the others. When we were there last July I asked the bell hop at the hotel what the best was and for the life of me I can not remember the name but it was GOOD. It was just local dive joint. If I can think of it, I'll edit my post.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              For a second I thought you were Burntorange Bowhunter. Where is Bob when you need BBQ advise?
                              Also if you get a chance. Try the gumbo cheese fries down on Beal street. Unreal.

Comment

Working...
                              X