No announcement yet.

Thieves suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. I am expecting to ever see it again unless good ol fashion dumb luck happens to be in my favor some where down the line.
    I agree watching it was worse than the actual event taking place. Makes you feel so helpless and constantly questioning well what if I had come out while he was in there or so many different ways it could have played out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chew, my point was the cops, at least in SA always find stolen officers guns. And I do mean always, and with the same intel on any other stolen property.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        Well, good frigging luck with the cops. They dont give a rats @$$ about stolen guns unless its one of theirs. -[expressed opinion but UNTRUE] Watch the news. They will never track down a stolen weapon. -[UNTRUE] They may find it accidently in some other kind of bust. [TRUE] If a cops gun ,personal or service, is stolen they find it every time. [UNTRUE]
        little snopes-like action to help out the actual relevancy of your post.
        you're welcome. no charge.

Comment

Not the snopes from San Antonio. Lived here forever and can not remember a cops gun not being recovered.my sons gun was stolen and we found some more info with possible video of attempted debit card use and the case.detective never answered our call and never responded to messages we left.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            Chew, my point was the cops, at least in SA always find stolen officers guns. And I do mean always, and with the same intel on any other stolen property.
            Unless they have suspect information or evidence, that's impossible. It's not like a CSU tv show. I do know that people get nervous if they find out the gun is an officers and try to get rid of it and/or run their mouth. This leads to increased calls to crimestoppers or tip lines. But your general statement that cops don't give a rat's a$% is incorrect. When you get dispatched to a higher priority call than a burglary motor vehicle, you have to go. BMV's are low on the list compared to in progress calls. We have an entire unit that does nothing but work auto theft and BMV. They can't even get to all the cases that have suspect info, much less proactively search for property where there's no suspect info.

Comment

I agree Chew. Bigger fish to fry. My only hope in this is the guy takes it to a pawn shop or gun shop and try’s to sell it and the serial number comes back as stolen but then I wonder does the pawn shop tell them they can’t accept it and give it back to them or does the pawn shop sit on it and call the police. Do you know how that works Chew?

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet83 View Post
                Cop actually told me that my TBH sticker in the back window could have made me a target ha ha ha ha

Did your friends vehicle have any stickers in the window?

I don't put any stickers in my window because I have also heard that it will make you a target especially if it is hunting type stickers like guns, deer skull etc.

Comment

No sir his vehicle did not have any stickers on his

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet83 View Post
                    I agree Chew. Bigger fish to fry. My only hope in this is the guy takes it to a pawn shop or gun shop and try’s to sell it and the serial number comes back as stolen but then I wonder does the pawn shop tell them they can’t accept it and give it back to them or does the pawn shop sit on it and call the police. Do you know how that works Chew?

I used to have Leads Online Software to search for stolen items by serial number. Most depts. have a pawn shop detail that checks by on a regular basis and asks the owners to show them the pawn tickets for guns, high dollar tools, etc. I'm not sure how hpd does it.

Pawn shops usually place a 10 day (I think) police hold on all merchandise. It sits in the back for 10 days or so to give police time to notify then of stolen merchandise. After that, it gets put out on the shelf. I would call HPD Pawn Shop Detail and ask them what you can do to ensure that your serial # gets checked after the wait period:

713 308-0999 Have your case number and serial number handy. Also, PM me the serial number and make/model and I'll try to get someone at my agency to set up an alert on it.

But unfortunately the majority of crooks know not to pawn guns due to the attention they receive. So they sell them to individuals, trade for drugs, keep them for themselves, etc.

Comment

That sucks sorry to hear that

Comment

Bazstards

Comment

Working...
                        X