6.5 Creedmoor DO NOT BUY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
    Dang ol creed with a vortex on top whoooooeeeeee. So fine you'll leave your old lady. Make it a rpr and you might as well take the week off

You lost me at Creedmoor AND Vortex......lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

it isn't the magic pill.
      What is?

Love my 6.5CM, pretty much everything about it.

But the accuracy of the factory loaded ammo is pretty magical I can tell you that.

Great video. You had me for a minute but I wound up laughing. Good shooting too.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
        What the 6.5 CM can do, the 260 Rem can do at faster velocities and longer ranges. The 260 Rem was commercialized in '96 or '97. That's a while. It has set all sorts of shooting records and has insane ballistics.

Remington pee'd all over the 260 not only because of marketing but because of the stupidity of a 1:9" twist barrel and a short chamber prohibiting the longer 140s to be loaded out of the powder column. I'm not discounting the validity of a 6.5 CM, but like Dale Moser said, it isn't the magic pill.

These are pics of entry/exit holes on the same doe using a 120 gr Sierra Pro-Hunter.

Leaving the 260 in the dust in sales. They're virtually the same rifle and the 260 was poorly marketed was my point. The 6.5 craze has been great for the reloader with added bullet options, powder recipes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
          Leaving the 260 in the dust in sales........

Yep that’s what usually happens when people are sheep. [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
            Leaving the 260 in the dust in sales. They're virtually the same rifle and the 260 was poorly marketed was my point. The 6.5 craze has been great for the reloader with added bullet options, powder recipes, etc.
            Sales don't mean squat in the deer blind, or on the range. The .260 will out perform the CM, and the .264 Mag is there if you want to hit high gear. The CM is obviously a super capable round, but it's a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

I'm all for whatever anyone wants to shoot, just don't really see why everyone thinks this CM is somehow revolutionary.....carry on, I do enjoy looking at all of your rigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              You lost me at Creedmoor AND Vortex......lol.

That was the point

****s obnoxious lol. Both fairly strong products getting run into the ground by fan boys. Though I will say the Creed probably hads more credibility.
              Last edited by TexMax; 11-09-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

That was the point

****s obnoxious lol. Both fairly strong products getting run into the ground by fan boys. Though I will say the Creed probably hads more credibility.

No fanboy of any optic per se. I have given Vortex MANY opportunities and they have failed me every single time.

Meh, the Creed offers nothing over the .260.

Comment

Lol I guess my sarcasm isn't coming across that well. I still own a pst 1-4 after several vortex products bought and sold. They perform about at their price point. Not above like so many bill them. And the Creed is much the same. It's going to start to catch the same back lash from over zealous owners

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Sales don't mean squat in the deer blind, or on the range. The .260 will out perform the CM, and the .264 Mag is there if you want to hit high gear. The CM is obviously a super capable round, but it's a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

I'm all for whatever anyone wants to shoot, just don't really see why everyone thinks this CM is somehow revolutionary.....carry on, I do enjoy looking at all of your rigs.
                    They’re essentially the same if the creed doesn’t have the edge with both loaded to max with 140s

There was a problem though and that was easy to get ammo options. Creed has some nice hunting and match options available over the counter just about all over the place.
                    Last edited by bphillips; 11-09-2017, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Lol I guess my sarcasm isn't coming across that well. I still own a pst 1-4 after several vortex products bought and sold. They perform about at their price point. Not above like so many bill them. And the Creed is much the same. It's going to start to catch the same back lash from over zealous owners

Lol, guess my meter is broken tonight.

Comment

Love my 6.5 CM, deer hate it. Nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          They’re essentially the same if the creed doesn’t have the edge with both loaded to max with 140s

There was a problem though and that was easy to get ammo options. Creed has some nice hunting and match options available over the counter just about all over the place.
                          The problem wasn't easy to get ammo, the problem was no one knew how great the .260 and .264 were until some nerd made up the term "Ballistic Coefficient"..... Then another nerd came up with the CM and everyone jumped on board, NOW there are a bunch of different ammo options because of demand. If those two nerds had gotten together and said "hell the solution to our problem is right here in the .260" then everyone would be making the same ammo options for it.

I'm not talking down the CM, I just find it odd.....oh and I have a vortex scope I love.

I love my .264 Mag, deer/hogs/nilgai/auodad hate it since well before I was born....

Comment

Just got my Grendel upper today.

Let us know how you like it? I have an 18” from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The problem wasn't easy to get ammo, the problem was no one knew how great the .260 and .264 were until some nerd made up the term "Ballistic Coefficient"..... Then another nerd came up with the CM and everyone jumped on board, NOW there are a bunch of different ammo options because of demand. If those two nerds had gotten together and said "hell the solution to our problem is right here in the .260" then everyone would be making the same ammo options for it.

I'm not talking down the CM, I just find it odd.....oh and I have a vortex scope I love.

I love my .264 Mag, deer/hogs/nilgai/auodad hate it since well before I was born....
                              Well I’m glad they did it haha. Now at least one has good options easy to find. Great round for the kids and wife for low recoil and plenty of knockdown. APR tried to talk me into a 264wm but ammo hard to run so just went with SAUM. The 6.5 mags are good for all we have in the US IMO

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                                eewww That's a Hells Canyon isn't it??? Drool!!!
                                Hells Canyon long range. So far I couldn't be happier. Kept the weight down with a 1" scope and only 10x.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X