trump vs nfl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
    I'm hearing the standard liberal dunderheads denouncing Trump's remarks as much as sniveling, insignificant, self-righteous people can. What I cannot seem to recall is their denunciation of Obama jumping into EVERY white hot (pun intended) racial issue to come across the wire. Hypocrites and their double standard way of living are simply part and parcel of people devoid of self respect.
    All he did was express his opinion about a matter that has a lot of public attention. I'd say it was entirely appropriate. T

Trump should come out and add. "If I had a son, he would look a lot like Alejandro Villanueva"

Yes I know Trump has sons, but it would be epic.

Comment

Used to be a die hard football fan but that fire has pretty much burned out. My wife and I talked about what is going on in the NFL and we cancelled our DirectTV yesterday. (Main reason we had it was for football). Protesting the flag and anthem is not appropriate. I understand the idea of sticking with your teammates, but we are all supposed to be a part of a bigger team. Going to focus more on hunting this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        All he did was express his opinion about a matter that has a lot of public attention. I'd say it was entirely appropriate. T

Trump should come out and add. "If I had a son, he would look a lot like Alejandro Villanueva"

Yes I know Trump has sons, but it would be epic.

Yes, yes it would! Haha

Comment

Comment

Many in the media are trying to frame "taking a knee" as a free speech issue. Since when does anyone have a right to 100% unrestricted speech at their place of employment? If your spouting of political/religious or any other views while working is running off customers, your boss will tell you to can it - or leave. So, if a NFL owner is OK with his players taking a knee, that's fine. If he thinks that self expression by the players is worth alienating a significant percentage of the fans, that's a business decision he is free to make.

Trump (in his admittedly less than articulate way) was merely trying to say that if he was an owner his players would stand for the anthem or find another team. That has been construed by the media and the activists as some kind of attack on free speech - it just ain't so.

Comment

We don't have free speech at all.

Walk in a crowd and start saying "Screw the (place any slang racist word here, or anti gay word etc)".

You will somehow end up in jail. Place that same sign in your front yard. But there's only no free speech when it's anti-liberal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Walk in a crowd and start saying "Screw the (place any slang racist word here, or anti gay word etc)".

You will somehow end up in jail. Place that same sign in your front yard. But there's only no free speech when it's anti-liberal stuff.
                Exactly!
                Free speech is a farce unless you go along with the PC status quo

Cant say anything "hurtful" or else you'll get in trouble

Comment

Trump didn't say nothing that I personally haven't said and he used about the same words as I do...

Glad to see him do it that away.... Too many in Washington voting their conscience instead of following the wishes of their constituents.

Comment

My only beef with the speech is that the language he used is below that Office. Although I agree with him, it's not his place to say or how he said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                      Trump didn't say nothing that I personally haven't said and he used about the same words as I do...

Luke 12:36

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        Many in the media are trying to frame "taking a knee" as a free speech issue. Since when does anyone have a right to 100% unrestricted speech at their place of employment? If your spouting of political/religious or any other views while working is running off customers, your boss will tell you to can it - or leave. So, if a NFL owner is OK with his players taking a knee, that's fine. If he thinks that self expression by the players is worth alienating a significant percentage of the fans, that's a business decision he is free to make.

Trump (in his admittedly less than articulate way) was merely trying to say that if he was an owner his players would stand for the anthem or find another team. That has been construed by the media and the activists as some kind of attack on free speech - it just ain't so.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          Luke 12:36
                          Actually Luke 12:47

Comment

Call me crazy but I think that message was also for the nocoms and chicoms. Get rid of crazy haircut dude for the good of all involved. Win win.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                              My only beef with the speech is that the language he used is below that Office. Although I agree with him, it's not his place to say or how he said it.

I agree with you and I nearly wrote the same thing. However, I realize why he did it. It is a fat, juicy, hanging curve ball for his supporters.

As for the media crying "free speech", it is simply a pivot because their agenda was spat upon by millions of people. They need a new direction because the first attempt was a bust. It IS funny how they still don't get why they lost. I hope they keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

That's not true. Unless you created a situation that disrupted the public peace or used speech to incite violence. Restrictions on speech only apply to governmental restrictions. You are free to say anything you want. You might get a pat on the back, you might get fired, you might get slept but you aren't getting arrested. If the government isn't penalizing you then its not a restriction on speech.

If these teams released or traded any of these players that kneel during anthem that isn't a restriction on speech or any other right of the player(employee).

I think I understand what you are saying but are you really frustrated that you can't walk into a crowd and yell as you put it say, "Screw the (place any slang racist word here, or anti gay word etc)"?

Im sure thats not what you meant but read even in the most innocuous manner I can't see why that would upset you.

Comment

Working...
                                X