Barndo build, on a budget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warrington View Post
    Pour the porch same time as a the house don't want that slab to seperate from house slab

Good suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
      Pour the porch same time as a the house don't want that slab to seperate from house slab
      Yes sir, doing just that! But noticed this weekend that the demisions are wrong on my back porch.

Comment

Following!

Comment

I'm in. Good luck

Comment

Updating the thread! Beams have been cut, and rough-in plumbing complete. Had a slight delay, as slab guy didn't want to cut interior beams until rough-in plumbing was done. Plumber didn't want to do his work until beams were cut. Got them straightened out finally.

Then had a pleasant surprise Friday when I noticed Bluebonnet had set our pole. I was expecting it to be another 2 weeks. Now with that done, I'm going to run my water line. 310' from the meter, I'm thinking about running 1.5" the first 200', then 1" the rest of the way. Once that is done, we can move a camper out there and save rent $.

Slab should be poured this week. I'll update with pics!

Comment

Coming along nice.

Comment

In!

Comment

Its looking good so far.

Comment

Wife and I are fixing to sell the house, buy some land and do the same. We may build a small portable building on it while we build the barndo to spread out the costs and not pay rent. Did you get an engineer to sign off on the slab?

Comment

Following, good luck on the election and wedding!

Comment

Great Thread Subscribed

Comment

So I had a discussion with my slab guy this morning. He was dragging @ss on getting everything ready to pour, and now the rain has set us back even further. I think I expressed my displeasure well enough. Anyways, soon as it drys hopefully they will pour.

Comment

It wouldn't be a real home build without lazy folks, rain delays, confusion, and mistakes. You know you are on the right track when you have all that!

Comment

Looking to do the same eventually and was curious if that budget includes a well.

Comment

Wanting to build one myself...Following

Comment

Working...
                                X