No announcement yet.

Got bit by a black widow!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how bad did you smash it ? beyond recognition ?

here is a black widow pic as the red mark (hour glass shape) , and shiny round black abdomen gives it away

brown recluse , another "bad boy"

wolf spider ... friendly

Comment

Glad you are ok, Keith you are the man!

Comment

Blake, you will NEVER catch me holding a spider like that! EVER!

Comment

I wish you well. Have a speedy recovery.

Comment

My aunt was bitten on the back right between her shoulder blades while picking cotton when she was a young girl up north of Telephone, Tx.
            Went to Dr Jack Saunders in Bonham by way of wagon and one old Percheron horse. Took a day and 1/2 to get there. I never heard what the treatment was but it probably had some sort alcohol in it.
            She will soon be 91 years old and still driving her own car.
            There is a good chance you will survive

Comment

Uh, uh, ugh

Comment

CB, if that's you holding that thing... you got alot bigger ones than I do!

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                how bad did you smash it ? beyond recognition ?

here is a black widow pic as the red mark (hour glass shape) , and shiny round black abdomen gives it away

brown recluse , another "bad boy"

wolf spider ... friendly

Comment

glad you are ok, poisionous spiders scare me more than snakes,, cause they are so small you could check a area before you sit down or whatever ,, and overlook one.

when I was a youngster ,, they guy across the street got hit by a brown recluse in his ""area"" , it didnt see it LOL,,, but it was supossed to have been quite bad, swelling where you dont want swelling.
                  that too painful ,to imagine

Comment

Originally posted by BpsDaddy View Post
                    CB, if that's you holding that thing... you got alot bigger ones than I do!
                    Not something you'd want on a t-shirt or bumper sticker!

Comment

dang bro, glad to hear you good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                        had the same thing happen to me at the ranch once, except it was a scorpion. He let me get my leg all the way in the pants and hit me in the thigh a few times. OUCH!
                        Ouch. The b-sterd. I had a brown recluse drop down on my head at my sister's house once. She killed it before it bit me, but I had the hee-bee jee-bees all night. Don't think I slept a bit.

Comment

It was for sure a bw. I am reading online and I have all of the symptoms. I'm stll in pain and it feels like I have a bad case of the flu. Gonna try and go get in the popup later but not real sure my guts can take a walk in this heat. Thanks for the kind words and hopefully this goes away quickly.

Comment

There are sticky traps made just for poisonous spiders. They have some kind of sex pheromone on them as the attractant. May want to look for them on line.

Comment

I'd suggest that you don't do something that you're alone or somebody else is not withing shouting range for the next day or so in case you start to feel really sick.

Comment

I picked up a log a few weeks back and threw it over my shoulder and looked over and a black widow was running down my shoulder. I think that's the only time in my life I remember screaming like a girl.

Comment

Working...
                                X