I need to mow my areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bobc,

Thats what I have a Honda Rancher. I was hoping to pull the mower with it.

Thanks

Comment

Kbar,

Thats a lot of mowing you got there! my hunting area's are not that big and I have considered a zero turn for my job. Its a sloped area and has some run of ditches that are my concern. the front wheels on the zero turn mowers would disappear if I got them in one of those ditches.

Comment

Slick n Sticky,

I hunt near Warren my lease is right near Chester.
        I sent you my contact info if your friend still has that mower for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          I was afraid to open, thought this was going to be a manscaping thread, it is the off season after all!
          First thing that came to my mind as well!

Comment

It would be cheaper to contract somebody to do it

Comment

I have one if you are interested pm me

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                44 inch swisher rough cut. Bought last spring. So far, I have mowed completely 15 acres of bdahl grass twice and several trails through a field of Johnson grass and Bermuda grass on another field. Mower works great. Pulled with a Honda rancher and never missed a beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I've been looking hard at the 14.5 hp Swisher 44. The only repeated criticism I noticed in online reviews was the strength and design of the tow bar and hitch mechanism. Several people mentioned having to reinforce or replace these parts because they bent from mowing on uneven ground. What has been your experience?

I noticed Swisher has a new version of the 44 rough cut with a ball hitch and a completely redesigned tow bar for easier offset mowing. However, the new design costs a lot more than the previous version, and they are offering both the old and new for sale.

Comment

I had a Swisher 44. Cut the original hitch off and put on a ball hitch. I just pulled it straight behind the atv. It worked fine. But I upgraded to a tractor with bush hog.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                    I've been looking hard at the 14.5 hp Swisher 44. The only repeated criticism I noticed in online reviews was the strength and design of the tow bar and hitch mechanism. Several people mentioned having to reinforce or replace these parts because they bent from mowing on uneven ground. What has been your experience?

I noticed Swisher has a new version of the 44 rough cut with a ball hitch and a completely redesigned tow bar for easier offset mowing. However, the new design costs a lot more than the previous version, and they are offering both the old and new for sale.

Haven’t had any issues so far. I do check all the bolts for tightness before use, as I had read the same negative reviews.

I have not mowed with it in offset position yet, so I don’t know how well it will hold up to that. Overall, it had performed well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                      My tow bar bent the second time I used it. I am ok with it as I now use it somewhat as an offset to get out past the side of my SXS.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        My tow bar bent the second time I used it. I am ok with it as I now use it somewhat as an offset to get out past the side of my SXS.
                        That's what has me concerned because I wouldn't call our lease flat. I want to use this thing to mow food plots and clear trails through the woods. Food plots won't be a problem, but other places I'd like to use it might work that tow bar over pretty good.

Here's 2 pics of the old design and 2 of the new design. I've shopped around online and the new design runs $600 more on the 14.5 hp model.

If only the Kunz Acrease mowers weren't so dang expensive...

Comment

We bought one for Dad years ago. It’s never missed a lick. Can’t remember if it is a 44 or a 48.

We did weld a hitch coupler to the drawbar, much easier than the pin connector.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I need to mow my areas

Make friends with someone who has a tractor.
                            Last edited by sideways; 03-18-2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X