No announcement yet.

The Doc's New Zealand Huntingmoon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the more ****ing people do the more cool hunting trips you can take.

Ok so strictly out of curiosity, are these hunts in a preserve (by that I do mean HF)? I only ask because I was watching a hunting show the other day and they were in New Zealand chasing red stag and one of the hunters mentioned it being "free range," and then implied that most other stag hunts there were not. Anyway, it piqued my curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      I guess the more ****ing people do the more cool hunting trips you can take.

Ok so strictly out of curiosity, are these hunts in a preserve (by that I do mean HF)? I only ask because I was watching a hunting show the other day and they were in New Zealand chasing red stag and one of the hunters mentioned it being "free range," and then implied that most other stag hunts there were not. Anyway, it piqued my curiosity.

There are both free range and high fence hunts for stag. Most of the monster stags that are jaw droppers are just like giant whitetails in Texas--high fence. The tahr and chamois are mostly free range, nasty country critters but some are in fences. Some are accessed with helicopter. I think nz is like Texas and Africa. The hunting is there and you can find what you want. I haven't been yet and will know more in a couple weeks. As always, I don't care if it's high fence, low fence or no fence, I enjoy the heck out of hunting and killing stuff. To date I have never had an animal just surrender and jump on a plate so I will keep on facilitating the procurement of protein!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It really does not matter whether it is HF or free range, those mountains/hills as some may call them are not for the faint of heart, believe me. They may not be the true peaks some see in NA, but they will kick your butt quickly and make you wish you were back in TX. Been there and done that and would go back in a heartbeat. It ain't easy no matter the fence!

Doc and MsDoc, good luck on the huntingmoon!

Comment

Good luck Docs

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
            There are both free range and high fence hunts for stag. Most of the monster stags that are jaw droppers are just like giant whitetails in Texas--high fence. The tahr and chamois are mostly free range, nasty country critters but some are in fences. Some are accessed with helicopter. I think nz is like Texas and Africa. The hunting is there and you can find what you want. I haven't been yet and will know more in a couple weeks. As always, I don't care if it's high fence, low fence or no fence, I enjoy the heck out of hunting and killing stuff. To date I have never had an animal just surrender and jump on a plate so I will keep on facilitating the procurement of protein!

About as well as I have heard it put.
            Best of luck on the hunt and safe travels!

Comment

Wine is flowing and had some vodka earlier. Should sit well after being up most of the night delivering babies! I'm thinking movie, cocktails, ambien and a nap on the plane. The wife heard of some new club you can join but I think I am too big for membership(as in height and overall body mass!).

Comment

Wine is flowing and had some vodka earlier. Should sit well after being up most of the night delivering babies! I'm thinking movie, cocktails, ambien and a nap on the plane. The wife heard of some new club you can join but I think I am too big for membership(as in height and overall body mass!).

Lol....Good luck Doc.

Comment

Good luck to y'all, safe travels.

Comment

Lil doc very impressed by my intellectual conversation!

You really like living on the edge don't you?

Comment

Whatever. Join the new club she mentioned and sleep even better!

Comment

and the safari continues.....good hunting to the docs!

Comment

The Doc's New Zealand Huntingmoon!

Crisis #1 averted! We went to the air NZ desk to see if any upgrades were available per instructions from our travel absent. I gave my name and immediately got asked if I checked a firearm and a bunch of questions followed. Got asked about a customs form which I was not given in Amarillo. I did have the email from NZ police saying I had a firearms license once I got there. Big production and I had to produce passport and keys for an officer. I think we got it sorted out. Did manage to get an entire row for the two of us at no additional charge. Premium economy upgrade was going to be $1000 each! I think we are set and lil doc went to find a neck pillow. I need a whiskey, my gun case key and a nap!!!!!!!! Always an adventure and traveling with bow only is always easier.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I guess we are good to go! Always a new form or new procedure.

Comment

Keep posting selfies like that and she's gonna hurt you.
                                Good luck on the hunt !

Comment

Working...
                                X