How many people can't tie a tie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Habanarrow View Post
    These are the new ones I've been noticing alot.
    [ATTACH]491039[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]491040[/ATTACH]
    The man that ties these is likely to be spotted in a salon getting his hair frosted

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Hahaha thanks Blake!

Comment

Dang glad I don't have to wear one...so, no I can't tie one

Comment

32 and cant tie one without help

Comment

My Papa died when I was about 25 yrs old and I stood in front of the mirror for about 1hr trying to get it just right. I never forgot after that.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I kind of envy you guys who have never had to learn. I've been putting on a tie five mornings a week since 1984. Don't even have to look in a mirror. Wearing a tie has become so uncommon, people look at me weird when I walk in a convenience store or whatever while wearing one...
              This, except a little shorter time period, hi Jerp! Tie's are normal in my everyday work!

Comment

I can't even hardly find a shirt that I can button the top button on....So no ties for this guy, refused to wear one at my wedding too.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                  No one would see the knot on yours any way, you have the magnificence of whiskers.
                  LOL, the beard covers the collar and the top 2 buttons! Wife says I look like a priest if I button the second from the top button!

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                    This, except a little shorter time period, hi Jerp! Tie's are normal in my everyday work!
                    Hey Slayer! I guess I'm not the only tie wearer left - sure feels like it sometimes. I think one reason people hate to wear them is they buy dress shirts that are too tight in the neck, hence all the comments about "feeling choked". As far as how to tie it - with a straight collar or button down collar I go with the "four-in-hand" knot, cinched down tight so you get a nice dimple. (the knot is tight not tight against your neck) With a spread collar I usually go with the Windsor knot.

Comment

I wear one every day at work. I'm a double agent also I guess.

Comment

Can't do it without YouTube either. Thank god

Comment

I'll wear one from time to time depending on my clients.

For people that say wearing a tie is uncomfortable or a choker...there's a trick I use that works good. If you are going to wear a tie, be sure to wear a shirt that has a neck size one up from your actual size. The tie will synch up to the shirt and not your neck.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            Hey Slayer! I guess I'm not the only tie wearer left - sure feels like it sometimes. I think one reason people hate to wear them is they buy dress shirts that are too tight in the neck, hence all the comments about "feeling choked". As far as how to tie it - with a straight collar or button down collar I go with the "four-in-hand" knot, cinched down tight so you get a nice dimple. (the knot is tight not tight against your neck) With a spread collar I usually go with the Windsor knot.
                            Jerp I do the same "four in hand" not with a button down collar and a Windsor knot with spreads...Don't know why I do it just always have.

Comment

Ha!

Originally posted by helibow View Post
                              I"m with JERP... i've worn one every day for many years... different knots for different occasions - just like fishing. There is even an iPhone app for all the different knot types. Oddly enough the once or twice a year that I wear a polo to work, or wear a dress shirt without a tie, I feel so under dressed and just about naked! On the flip side, as soon as i'm home i'm a ratty t-shirt, khaki cargo shorts and ball cap kind of guy.... I walk past people from work in "regular" clothes all the time and they never recognize me, or they are blown away that I am wearing such relaxed clothes. I guess they think I wear a suit and tie on saturdays to Home Depot! God forbid they find out I take my suit & tie off, put on camo, kill something and eat it over a fire!! It's tough being a double agent sometimes....
                              Lol! Double agent,right on!

Comment

I can't at all!! I don't even try anymore!!! I had my grandfather tie one for me and I just loosen it up and take it off. Don't wear them very often so I just use the same one.

Comment

Working...
                                X