Clear All

Phenomenal thread. Thanks for sharing.

>E

Comment

cool thread....

Comment

Wow,wow,wow.... That's all I got!!

Comment

Very cool so many different people lived on one hill over so many years, esp. paleo. Be careful of what you may uncover..........

Comment

amazing

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
              Very cool so many different people lived on one hill over so many years, esp. paleo. Be careful of what you may uncover..........
              Im quite excited at the possibilities of what we might uncover. A lady i know asked me if it didnt make me feel bad to dig into that site that had laid there for 12000 years.
              My thought process is this.... The old Indian that posessed that Plainview undoubtedly cherished it for its art and beauty. No doubt it was a prized item to be shown and had great value. I can just guarantee you that if he could see 10,000 years into the future and watch me find his treasure that had gone unappreciated for that long, he would have smiled to see me whooping and yelling as I felt then same feelings he would have felt as he held that point and admired the perfect flaking and transparent stone.
              By the way I have Cherokee and Kickapoo blood in me. My great great grandfather Jim Barclay donated the land for the Alabama/Caoshatta reservation in Livingston.

Comment

Awesome thread.

Comment

Very nice, you have a whole lot of history in your hand.

Comment

Awesome thread keep em coming!

Comment

Great Thread...

Comment

Edge dulling goes way up the point to the red arrows.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Im quite excited at the possibilities of what we might uncover. A lady i know asked me if it didnt make me feel bad to dig into that site that had laid there for 12000 years.
                          My thought process is this.... The old Indian that posessed that Plainview undoubtedly cherished it for its art and beauty. No doubt it was a prized item to be shown and had great value. I can just guarantee you that if he could see 10,000 years into the future and watch me find his treasure that had gone unappreciated for that long, he would have smiled to see me whooping and yelling as I felt then same feelings he would have felt as he held that point and admired the perfect flaking and transparent stone.
                          By the way I have Cherokee and Kickapoo blood in me. My great great grandfather Jim Barclay donated the land for the Alabama/Caoshatta reservation in Livingston.
                          Well said!
                          I, too, believe "treasures" are intended to be "found" to be truly appreciated.
                          my lineage contains Cherokee, as well.

Comment

Yes sir, history is made to be preserved. People have no problem digging up dinosaur bones for preservation purposes so why should those points lay in the ground forever.
                            That plainview is off the hook. I have one made of rootbeer chirt with a little white tip on it I found near Charlotte. I teared up thinking about that ancestor when I found that point and the fact that no other human had held it in hundreds if not thousands of years.

Comment

Not sure how i missed this but following now. Awesome thread

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
                                Yes sir, history is made to be preserved. People have no problem digging up dinosaur bones for preservation purposes so why should those points lay in the ground forever.
                                That plainview is off the hook. I have one made of rootbeer chirt with a little white tip on it I found near Charlotte. I teared up thinking about that ancestor when I found that point and the fact that no other human had held it in hundreds if not thousands of years.

Thanks Rubydog and Bar2. Finding a really rare and ancient point is emotional for me as well. when we found it, my wife was standing by the sifter. Unknown to me she started snapping pictures as I washed it and showed it to my Dad, clean. Those are special pics and shows her wisdom in taking them when she realized this was a special moment. Maybe i will post them someday.

Comment

Working...
                                X