Rat Repellent-Fox Urine??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rat Repellent-Fox Urine??

Has anyone used fox urine as a rat repellent? Freakin rats chewed up everything last year my popup blinds, feet off chairs, ropes staking down blinds etc.. I was wondering if a few drops or squirts of fox urine on popup blinds would keep rats away and not scare off deer. I would not think deer would be all that fearful of a fox??? What the GS say??

Not sure about that method but I've been battling pack rats for two years now in regards to pop ups. Tried putting some rat poison out but to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
      Not sure about that method but I've been battling pack rats for two years now in regards to pop ups. Tried putting some rat poison out but to no avail.
      Yeah I was thinking something to keep them from chewing the blind and putting poison out near the blind as well.

Comment

I've been experimenting with using human excrement to repel foxes, so I just take dumps all around my house. Haven't seen a fox in weeks, but my wife did just leave me...lololol

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
          The rat bastiges carry off the poison without eating it...we had a heck of a time with the pack rats eating the electric wires off at the plugs...finally our
          rancher brought a bunch of cats from town and established a community. Thus ended the rat problem .

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
            The rat bastiges carry off the poison without eating it...we had a heck of a time with the pack rats eating the electric wires off at the plugs...finally our

rancher brought a bunch of cats from town and established a community. Thus ended the rat problem .

I've had one try and take a flashlight from me while I sat in the blind.

Maybe I should just put a few snakes in there and take my chances as the chewing up the blinds is my biggest concern.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky View Post
              i've been experimenting with using human excrement to repel foxes, so i just take dumps all around my house. Haven't seen a fox in weeks, but my wife did just leave me...lololol
              [ATTACH]807264[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
                [ATTACH]807264[/ATTACH]
                BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There goes my drink!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

HAHAHA ok now is there anyone with some helpful input??

Comment

If you can kill a rattlesnake and skin it. Take the snake fat on the skin and rub it on base boards or whatever. Granddad did this in the tack room to keep mice etc from chewing on the leather.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      If you can kill a rattlesnake and skin it. Take the snake fat on the skin and rub it on base boards or whatever. Granddad did this in the tack room to keep mice etc from chewing on the leather.
                      Hmmmmm may try that

Comment

Neither fox nor coon urine keep rats out.
                        We learned a long while back to not set up a blind near a big cactus clump.

I saw some repellent pouches that are re-sealable the other day that are supposed to repel bugs and rats. Can't remember the name but the package was green. Also supposed to help keep owls out of your blind as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          Might work. Old timers put the rattles inside their fiddles and guitars etc to keep dirt dobbers from building nests in them and to keep mice out. The fiddle I inherited has a set of rattles in it that has been in there for over a hundred years.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            Might work. Old timers put the rattles inside their fiddles and guitars etc to keep dirt dobbers from building nests in them and to keep mice out. The fiddle I inherited has a set of rattles in it that has been in there for over a hundred years.
                            You never saw any mice or sign of mice around thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X