Pigman Rifles???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
    I think I heard him say he was an old gunsmith.
    I think you're right, I know I've heard him say that when he was younger he built guns and its always been a hobby but that it was time consuming. I believe he talked about that on the show where Dap was talking about all the pigs he killed as a youngster and how he would be ask to go to different peoples property to kill pigs and that's how he got the name PigMan.

Last couple of years he was sponsored by Howa, Leupold, and Hornady and he always advertised how that combination was so deadly but now I've noticed its Hornady, Leupold and "my guns". I believe he was also sponsored by Chevrolet previously and now I notice he's in a Dodge (Sweet lookin truck w/Camo Wrap).

Comment

I know last year he used a Howa that they auctioned off at our Ducks Unlimited banquet along with the Hoyt bow he has used that season. I didn't look at it closely, but I believe it was just a plain synthetic stock Howa in 300 win mag with a Leupold scope. We'll see if they do the same thing tomorrow night.

Comment

Pigman is a gunsmith by trade. He says that in episode 2.

He built that .338 just for long shots. It's pretty sweet
        230 gr at 3500 fps.
        Last edited by super_dave; 02-03-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I held & looked at one that he built last year. He sold it to a friend of his which happened to work on our AC unit and said friend showed it to me. Pretty choice weapon. Pigman decals on the scope (Leupold) and on the stock I think. Sweet barrel on it!

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the info, fellas!!!

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
              They have them at Academy - Howa Pigman 30-06. Just looked at one today during lunch (Sugarland location). Don't know if they have any other cals.
              I saw one in .25-06.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
                Any of you that have watched Pigman the Series lately know that they are shooting long range shots at times. I'm pretty sure I heard Brian say those were "his" rifles...figured I'd try to find out if he means that he designed those rifles or what??? Are they available to purchase???

Pretty dang sweet seeing them kill stuff at over 650 yards...that Aoudad hunt was awesome.

Any info???

Gracias!!!!

Skinny

Hogdude, thanks for the interest and inquiry! Yes Pigman is a fine gunsmith and yes we are now shooting our own rifles. We have teamed up with Twisted Barrel on these guns and have big plans for this project. We have all kinds of wildcat loads but will also offer standard loads so the public doesn't have to re-load. I shoot and have been shooting the .257 STW for years that Pigman built me and now shoot a .338 Ultra mag necked down to .270. One bad ...............! We can fix you up with whatever you want and I promise it will be the tightest grouping accurate gun you've ever shot.

Shoot me PMs on any questions and I'll try and answer them and send anyone in the right direction.

We are finally settled on our sponsors, yes we've done some changing but it takes time to short these things out and find the right fit. We have been long in the past and we finally made it back, Bear Archery is who we are and where we wanted to be the whole time!! Great people and super bows!!! Howa makes great rifles but we are moving in separate directions and had to make a change.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                  Hogdude, thanks for the interest and inquiry! Yes Pigman is a fine gunsmith and yes we are now shooting our own rifles. We have teamed up with Twisted Barrel on these guns and have big plans for this project. We have all kinds of wildcat loads but will also offer standard loads so the public doesn't have to re-load. I shoot and have been shooting the .257 STW for years that Pigman built me and now shoot a .338 Ultra mag necked down to .270. One bad ...............! We can fix you up with whatever you want and I promise it will be the tightest grouping accurate gun you've ever shot.

Shoot me PMs on any questions and I'll try and answer them and send anyone in the right direction.

We are finally settled on our sponsors, yes we've done some changing but it takes time to short these things out and find the right fit. We have been long in the past and we finally made it back, Bear Archery is who we are and where we wanted to be the whole time!! Great people and super bows!!! Howa makes great rifles but we are moving in separate directions and had to make a change.
                  what do yall call that wildcat, and what kinda muzzle velocity is that beast kicking out?

Comment

Thanks for posting up, Keith!!! I'm certainly gunna try to keep up with what y'all are doing.

Skinny

Comment

Brian has been Gunsmithing for close to 20 years. Howa was a great sponsor for the show but I don't blame him for wanting to shoot and market his own line of rifles. When it come to guns and bows, Brian is a professional. I remember him out shooting me back in high school with a long bow when I was using a compound. He is a chacter no doubt, but he's not "all talk" when he talks bows and guns. He knows his stuff. Paired with Marty from twisted barrels, they will turn out high quality firearms. I have no affiliation what-so-ever with the show but I have known Brian for 30 years. I shoot one of his rifles and it is a choice firearm. He is as full of crap as anyone I know, on and off camera, but not when it comes to his knowledge of guns, ammo, and bows.

Comment

Originally posted by centexan View Post
                        Brian has been Gunsmithing for close to 20 years. Howa was a great sponsor for the show but I don't blame him for wanting to shoot and market his own line of rifles. When it come to guns and bows, Brian is a professional. I remember him out shooting me back in high school with a long bow when I was using a compound. He is a chacter no doubt, but he's not "all talk" when he talks bows and guns. He knows his stuff. Paired with Marty from twisted barrels, they will turn out high quality firearms. I have no affiliation what-so-ever with the show but I have known Brian for 30 years. I shoot one of his rifles and it is a choice firearm. He is as full of crap as anyone I know, on and off camera, but not when it comes to his knowledge of guns, ammo, and bows.
                        That's what I like about the show...all the guys just seem to be themselves and do their thing!!!

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                        X