Pigman Rifles???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigman Rifles???

Any of you that have watched Pigman the Series lately know that they are shooting long range shots at times. I'm pretty sure I heard Brian say those were "his" rifles...figured I'd try to find out if he means that he designed those rifles or what??? Are they available to purchase???

Pretty dang sweet seeing them kill stuff at over 650 yards...that Aoudad hunt was awesome.

Any info???

Gracias!!!!

Skinny

Always thought it was Howa that made them for him

Comment

hes been shooting howa axioms for a whilte.

Comment

Howa was a sponser last time i watched the show.

Comment

I think he has had some custom rifles built over the last couple of years and he has been shooting those and his LMT AR for the last few episodes. The CO prairie dog episode is the one where a guy brought them to him.

Maybe KR will answer your question for you.

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
            I think he has had some custom rifles built over the last couple of years and he has been shooting those and his LMT AR for the last few episodes. The CO prairie dog episode is the one where a guy brought them to him.

Maybe KR will answer your question for you.
            Check out Twisted Barrel. That is what Pigman said the company was called that is making them. Most of those long range shots have been with wildcat rounds like his 500 Jeffery necked down to a .338 (I believe). Pigman's Facebook said they were at Shot Show this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CMeyer View Post
              Check out Twisted Barrel. That is what Pigman said the company was called that is making them. Most of those long range shots have been with wildcat rounds like his 500 Jeffery necked down to a .338 (I believe). Pigman's Facebook said they were at Shot Show this year.
              Yeah he has been shooting some nice guns, like others stated I think they are just "his caliber ideas" that have been made and then someone is building the rifle for his caliber to shoot out of, it just boggles my mind how they calibrate everything on his cell phone app and then dial in the scope, I would be scared to calculate something wrong and then wound an animal. Send KR on here a PM and he will respond back to you.

I'm pretty interested in this myself. PIGMAN is my favorite hunting show, haven't missed an episode yet.

Comment

He was sponsored by Howa and appears to have lost that deal. I thought I heard him mention in one of the shows he was a gunsmith by trade and was working for a custom shop.

That seems to happen from time to time with the sponors, they seem to come and go. He also swapped bow lines last year as well.

I don't care what he shoots em with, just keep the killin going.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  He was sponsored by Howa and appears to have lost that deal. I thought I heard him mention in one of the shows he was a gunsmith by trade and was working for a custom shop.

That seems to happen from time to time with the sponors, they seem to come and go. He also swapped bow lines last year as well.

I don't care what he shoots em with, just keep the killin going.
                  He has had 3 different bow sponsors in the 3 seasons he has been on. Hoyt, Quest and now Bear. Some of his other sponsors seem to be consistent though. That is just the nature of sponsorships I would imagine.

Comment

He has had 3 different bow sponsors in the 3 seasons he has been on. Hoyt, Quest and now Bear. Some of his other sponsors seem to be consistent though. That is just the nature of sponsorships I would imagine.
                    I'm sure you go where the money is...

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                      I'm sure you go where the money is...
                      I would, not dogging him for it at all.

Comment

They have them at Academy - Howa Pigman 30-06. Just looked at one today during lunch (Sugarland location). Don't know if they have any other cals.

Comment

I think I heard him say he was an old gunsmith.

Comment

Its the. 338 twisted pig. Very little info on it so far but the specs I did see were fantastic. I emailed twisted barrel about it and although they can and will build a rifle in that caliber. Price alone put me out. And of course as of right now its handload only. They told me they are trying to have the brass manufactured at this time.

Comment

Talk about overbore. 338 on 500 jefferies. wonder how many rounds you get on that before you have to get it rechambered due to throat erosion.

Comment

Working...
                              X