No announcement yet.

Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember if you mentioned it, but why the aversion to windows? Was staying in a small 300 sq ft cabin this past week that had no less than 8 windows! It was nice having all that natural light.

Looking at the sheathed walls, that house seems like it will be dark!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Sir. now that is an build... would love to be able to have one built..

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        I don't remember if you mentioned it, but why the aversion to windows? Was staying in a small 300 sq ft cabin this past week that had no less than 8 windows! It was nice having all that natural light.

Looking at the sheathed walls, that house seems like it will be dark!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
        Easy way to stay cool! Still plenty of natural light will enter. Remember this is only 1000 SQ/FT. Also it's not my home. I'll build it however they want. The reason they want less windows is for plenty wall space for furniture, entertainment center, etc. Grand room has 3 windows and 2 full glass doors, master 1 window and 1 full glass door, kids rooms 1 window each. No room for anymore if you figure in furniture.

My home has very few windows. I personally love it! I spend a lot of time outside and like coming in to a cool dark place.

Comment

Our house is a 2 story log house and just over 2000 sq/ft with a wrap around porch too. The dining/living room has 4 double windows and 2 doors. Even with all those windows it still lets very little light in the house. The porch knocks back a lot of light that would normally come in the windows. So with a wrap around porch I don't think they will be really losing that much more light with less windows inside the house just being able to view outside would be the main loss.
          How big is the porch going to be? Ours is 8 ft all the way around and there is more sq/ft of porch than the bottom level of the house.
          Keep at it the house is looking really good and I am enjoying following along.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
            Our house is a 2 story log house and just over 2000 sq/ft with a wrap around porch too. The dining/living room has 4 double windows and 2 doors. Even with all those windows it still lets very little light in the house. The porch knocks back a lot of light that would normally come in the windows. So with a wrap around porch I don't think they will be really losing that much more light with less windows inside the house just being able to view outside would be the main loss.
            How big is the porch going to be? Ours is 8 ft all the way around and there is more sq/ft of porch than the bottom level of the house.
            Keep at it the house is looking really good and I am enjoying following along.
            8' wrap around. There will be plenty lighting inside throughout. Not a concern at all.

Comment

Looking good so far.

Comment

Looks like you got some good help in that pic on post 357.

Comment

Looking good. Cant wait to see the porch take shape.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                    Looks like you got some good help in that pic on post 357.
                    He's a mess! Good help for sure!

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                    Looking good. Cant wait to see the porch take shape.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Hopefully big change over the next week. I can't wait.

Comment

Great work Jason, wish I had a BIL like yourself!

Looking forward to the finished product!

Comment

Forgot about this thread until now, amazing work so far, hats off to you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PecanBayouRat View Post
                          Great work Jason, wish I had a BIL like yourself!

Looking forward to the finished product!

That makes two of us.....likely 2002 of us. [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                            That makes two of us.....likely 2002 of us. [emoji12]
                            No crap, now that I'm putting everything into perspective, my BIL sux! I'm gonna kick the chit out of him next time I see him and confuse the heck out of him when I start yelling "Why can't you be more like Jason?"

Comment

Y'all crack me up!

Finished all OSB finally. I still need to add the framing on side eaves. Built them today just need to nail up. Porch framing will be going full swing Saturday afternoon pending weather.

Had to quit early due to lightning the last 2 evenings but still no rain.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                                Had to quit early due to lightning the last 2 evenings but still no rain.
                                So you're the reason we're not getting any rain! At this point, I'm willing to sacrifice your safety to get some rain. Try staying out and working in it tomorrow.[emoji23] Just kidding, but it's looking good! You've probably said it, but I don't remember, what's your projected finish date? On a side note, is this house for the sister you posted in the "hog problem" thread? You might have a lot better luck selling things on here with her being your new neighbor, if so.[emoji12]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X