New Home Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Home Prices

We are in the process of working on plans for a new house. We've been working with someone that we feel will build us the best built house out of the builders in Lufkin. We got our rough estimate back yesterday and it seemed really high for what we are wanting. I know you get what you pay for and I'm not looking to cut corners because we will live in this house from now on. The exterior of our house is all hardie board-board and batten. We don't have one piece of rock on our house, we are going for the farmhouse look. The fireplace will be brick, granite countertops, no outdoor kitchen or fireplace. It's a very open floorplan thats a little over 2,700 square foot heated and cooled with a carpot. It's a nice home but nothing is over the top on appliances or design. We are shopping everything online to try and get the best price on lighting, faucets etc.

House sq ft : 2,728
    Total covered area with carport and porches: 3,768

What are yalls guesses on price per square foot? Anyone built a home lately that can shed some light?

I was quoted $125-130/foot for custom last year with rock and stone, and outdoor living (not including land), so I will guess $105-$110/foot.

Comment

fully custom homes are going $140-$150/Sqft in north Texas if you don't include the cost of dirt. Scaling things back, nicely appointed track homes are $115-$125 a sq. ft.

This is my recent experience. YMMV.

Comment

I have been looking at houses and barndominiums. For a custom built home I have been seeing around $125-135 sq ft around my area.

Comment

140-150 is stupid high

Comment

I'm getting quotes around NB upwards of 150- 170 for a custom German farmhouse look

Comment

75-90 per sq foot down here in south texas for a good quality home.

Comment

I just moved in to a custom home around the same size as yours in June. It was $125 a foot that included the lot. This was in Temple and we had alot of rock and brick.

Comment

I price houses for a custom builder in the north Texas area (north of Denton) and we would be around $90-$95 for the house itself depending on plan and location.

Comment

We already own our place so this would be the house only. I was quoted $120 a foot and that didn't include dirt work. Dirt work was another 13-14K.

Comment

$142/sq foot here in Bryan, but that includes the lot.

Comment

With dirt work the quote would be $126 a sq ft.

Comment

Everything depends on the finishes. You can build the same house and easily have a $20/ft difference or more depending on what you want inside it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That seems high especially with a hardie exterior. Custom homes around the Baytown area are around 125 a sq ft.

Comment

For a hardie house like you described I would say between $100-110 per sqft. I would get several quotes from different builders. We were going to have a house built a few years ago and we were quoted about 210k for a 2100sqft hardie house like you describe. That was septic too. We ended up finding a 5 year old house on 2 acres for way less than that so we sold our land and bought instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X