Bobcat down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobcat down!

I was fortunate to harvest my very first bobcat this weekend! It’s been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember. Extra special to do it with my bow!

I was walking back for lunch through the woods after sitting in the stand that morning and caught him creeping through the brush. I got parallel with him and crept along side him waiting for an open lane. I saw my opening up ahead at 25yrds. I Kissed at him, he turned and looked and I let it fly. Swack! He jumped 3ft in the air and ran straight away from me. I went to the impact location and noticed I clipped a cactus right before impact. My heart sank, however I did notice some little blood and hair behind the cactus, but couldn’t find my arrow. I decided to back out and go eat lunch.

Came back with my dad and uncles, we found a little blood down the trial but it didn’t look promising. We searched for 20mins and found nothing. I said, I’m going to go back and look hard for my arrow to see if It can tell us more. On my way back I **** near stepped on him! Piled up in a prickly pear cactus not even 30yrds! We all walked by him at least times [emoji23]. He was stiff as a board, perfect shot he probably died under a minute. Weighted about 25-30lbs and is really dark. Going to make a awesome mount!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Congrats bud

Comment

Nice! Congrats

Comment

Good lookin cat, congrats

Comment

Congratulations! He's pretty. Like the dark coat as well.

Comment

That’s awesome, glad you found him too.
              They’re on my bucket list as well.

Comment

Beautiful cat.

Clay Wagner is who you need to call about mounting it.

Comment

Yessir!! Congratulations sir! That is an awesome trophy with a bow!! I've still got one on my bow bucket list, though I've killed several with guns... Blew the two real chances I had with a bow...

Comment

Nice cat. Congrats!

Comment

Very pretty cat. Congratulations.

Comment

Aim small, miss small. You did not miss. Good job and congrats.
                        Choose a good Taxi! Cats are the hardest to do.

Comment

Awesome!!! Beautiful cat. My 17yr old just shot a 28lb cat Monday evening with my air rifle. What pose are you gonna go with? I’m trying to think of a pose for his.

Comment

very nice cat!

Comment

That’s awesome and congrats.

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                              Awesome!!! Beautiful cat. My 17yr old just shot a 28lb cat Monday evening with my air rifle. What pose are you gonna go with? I’m trying to think of a pose for his.

My dad and I both shot similar sized bobcats with our bows. He had his mounted laying on a log and it looks like a house cat. After seeing his I did one with it stretched out and think it looks better.

Comment

Working...
                              X