Matthews Adrenaline???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthews Adrenaline???

Was at Archery Counrty today in Austin and had them look at my Darton to tell me that my limbs are cracked and I now have a boat paddle.

They have a used Matthews Adrenaline that appears to be in pretty good shape. They want $450 for the bow with sights and rest. So two questions:

1. Is this a good bow?
    2. Is this a good price?

The Drenalin is a fine bow. Depending on the rest and sight, 450 is a good price. Will they let you shoot it? If so, sling a few and if she feels good get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
      Was at Archery Counrty today in Austin and had them look at my Darton to tell me that my limbs are cracked and I now have a boat paddle.

They have a used Matthews Adrenaline that appears to be in pretty good shape. They want $450 for the bow with sights and rest. So two questions:

1. Is this a good bow?
      2. Is this a good price?
      Having shot just about every Mathews bow since 1999...I was not, nor am I still a fan of the "slim is in" malarkey. Have had and seen too many tuining nightmares related to the Drenalin line. And still believe the thinner limbs and riser to be more susceptible to torquing and twisting under load. Decent enough hunting bow though.

For that same money, you'd be much better served to find yourself a used Switchback or S2(Switchback2)
      Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 02-24-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Just remember the warranty does not go with the bow, only to orginal owner unless that bow shop can hook you on that part if something does go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by CutTheLoop View Post
          Having shot just about every Mathews bow since 1999...I was not, nor am I still a fan of the "slim is in" malarkey. Have had and seen too many tuining nightmares related to the Drenalin line. And still believe the thinner limbs and riser to be more susceptible to torquing and twisting under load. Decent enough hunting bow though.

For that same money, you'd be much better served to find yourself a used Switchback or S2(Switchback2)
          Man, I can hardly believe you actually believe what you wrote. The Dren is the smoothest, most staying-in-tune bow around. I will question any future post of yours I see in my own mind from now on! Those slim limbs are bullet proof! And I dunno what it'd take to get the cam out of kilt, but it's a whole lot more than the stress most hunters would put on a bow for years and years.

Comment

Hockley,

Yes, the Mathews Drenaline is a great bow. Light, fast and smooth. As far as the $$$ is concerned, that's a fair price. Trust me that the Archery Country guys will take care of you if you have any issues with the bow.

Comment

great bow very dependable

Comment

I concur the drenalin is an awesome bow especially cause thats what i'm currently shooting, but all preferences aside it is smooth drawing, and very forgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Starpost9 View Post
                  Man, I can hardly believe you actually believe what you wrote. The Dren is the smoothest, most staying-in-tune bow around. I will question any future post of yours I see in my own mind from now on! Those slim limbs are bullet proof! And I dunno what it'd take to get the cam out of kilt, but it's a whole lot more than the stress most hunters would put on a bow for years and years.
                  Sorry, I guess I missed that comparison terminology when doing "actual" testing of the Drenalin (it's negatives and positives).

As I mentioned also, I have shot Mathews' bow (almost)exclusively since 1999... yet you'd never pin me with the label of "fanboy". I call them like I see them. Sorry, but the Drenalin was never more than a skinny Switchback.... they didn't even bother changing the cam much for the Dren...take a close look...you'll find a Cobra cam fits a Drenalin just fine.

Yes I actually do believe what I wrote... only after more "testing" than just a few shots in the local pro shop.

I said I was not a fan of the Drenalin... truth is, I'm not. But if I was the OP, I think I'd rather hear the good and bad before I plopped down my hard earned $450.

Question my posts if ya want, that's certainly your prerogative. Mine is to give a personal experience based answer to a question seeking opinion. But to think for a second that I know not of which I speak... you would again be mistaken.
                  Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 02-24-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

i love my drenalin. very smooth shooting bow. i bought mine new for 899. and it was worth every penny

Comment

the drenalin is freaking awesome. i love mine. thats a good price.

Comment

Thanks for the post guys. I was able to shoot the bow a few times and it seemed relatively smooth. It was little short for me, but the bow shop guys said they would change out the cams for me to give me a little more draw length. It seemed super quite and fairly fast. Being that It was not long enough for me I really didn't get to see how my arrows grouped with it. I don't think the sight was all that special. I am not sure what the rest was, but it was one where when you drew the bow back it lifted the arrow up.

Comment

Hockley - Mike at Archery Country likes to put a Schaeffer fall-away rest and G5 4-pin round sight on that bow. But since it's used, it might have a different setup. You really can't go wrong if the bow is fully equipped at that price. And like was said above, Mike will definitely take care of you.

Comment

For that price you could probaly find a good DXT?

Comment

Thats a good deal !!!!! Quality products....

Comment

Working...
                              X