No announcement yet.

help me disconnect from cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I get a fire stick or fire tv and put Kodi on it can I watch live TV?

Do I have to pay monthly for Kodi?

I know sling TV has live TV, but you have to pay monthly for it.

I'm lost with all this.

What is better?

Fire TV
    Roku?
    Etc...

Comment

Kodi is free, no monthly charge.

Life is too short, live it to its fullest!

~Michael

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
        If I get a fire stick or fire tv and put Kodi on it can I watch live TV?

Do I have to pay monthly for Kodi?

I know sling TV has live TV, but you have to pay monthly for it.

I'm lost with all this.

What is better?

Fire TV
        Roku?
        Etc...
        fire tv has great specs for kodi and live tv. fire stick is ok, but the tv is better.
        kodi is free. you can dl my build of it for free also and it includes live tv. if you want a prebuilt set up and box i have a couple left. for better live tv you can subscribe to an iptv service and play them through kodi. all cable channels, sports, and premium in HD. check out http://iptvsubs.is $13/m or $132 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
          What add on is this? Is it called tv guide, and does it come set up like that? Or is that something you put together for your build?

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
            What add on is this? Is it called tv guide, and does it come set up like that? Or is that something you put together for your build?

I put it in my build- it's a pvr TV guide. So if you use a pvr client you can enable it and it will build a guide for you. You can make it create a guide for the free channels or from a paid subscription.

Comment

I am going to put my dish on hold, since I bought a box from Wes.

If I really like it, I will buy a box for each TV in the house.

I'm looking forward to not paying Dish $130.00 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                I put it in my build- it's a pvr TV guide. So if you use a pvr client you can enable it and it will build a guide for you. You can make it create a guide for the free channels or from a paid subscription.
                Gotcha. Thanks

Comment

Marking for later

Comment

Anyone have Channel Master streaming TV/DVR?

Comment

Tag for later

Comment

Wes how often does pro sports update? I keep getting stream unavailable notices on all the mlb games. Is this normal?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slickfish View Post
                          Wes how often does pro sports update? I keep getting stream unavailable notices on all the mlb games. Is this normal?

if its up and running and not undergoing updates it should update automatically. thats why i have several sports sources in the build though, so you can find it on another one when one isn't available. if all else fails- do the free trial on iptvsubs.is and log in there with it. those are all in HD and you can do daily free trials as often as you like.

Comment

I'm working off my android phone so I don't know if that makes a difference. I downloaded yours an like the layout other than I can't scroll properly on the side bar with my fat fingers so I had to go back to fusion.

Last edited by slickfish; 05-01-2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfish View Post
                              I'm working off my android phone so I don't know if that makes a difference. I downloaded yours an like the layout other than I can't scroll properly on the side bar with my fat fingers so I had to go back to fusion.

ah yeah its tough on touch screen devices. i have another build I'm trying to get uploaded tonight that is tile based and should work well with touch screen.

Comment

Awesome looking forward to it. I'm just getting into xbmc an really liking it. My suggestion to anyone that's interested in it is to watch all the tutorials you can. Don't ask too many questions rather than just listen to what everyone else has to say an everything seems to fall in to place.

Comment

Working...
                                X