Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Bow hunter attacked by black bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****in buncha pansies...
    Just drop the picanic basket if you're scared.

Comment

Originally posted by earleybird View Post
      i'll punch a grizzly right in its stupid grizzly face. It ain't nothing for me to whip a grizzly bear's azz. Stupid bears. Always roaring and growling, getting everybody all stirred up. The hell outta here with that.
      lmao!
      Last edited by forest-hunter; 06-18-2017, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Read Stephen Herrero's book if you can find it.

The title is "Bear Attacks: Their Causes and Avoidance".

One thing I remember him writing in his book is that if he sees Grizzly sign in or around a campground where he has taken his family to camp, he just packs up everything and leaves the area.

That's from a man who has studied bears (both Black and Grizzly) for years.

Comment

Originally posted by ezypikns View Post
          The title is "Bear Attacks: Their Causes and Avoidance".

One thing I remember him writing in his book is that if he sees Grizzly sign in or around a campground where he has taken his family to camp, he just packs up everything and leaves the area.

That's from a man who has studied bears (both Black and Grizzly) for years.
          I'll see if I can find that book; Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

I've read that book. Good reading. I have several books that are nothing but bear attacks. Some people make it...some don't. Pretty much up to the bear

Comment

I would be skeered if I had a close encounter with a bear. I ain't gonna lie. Seen too many movies I guess

I did see a black bear where I live in East Texas, but that was many years (35-40) ago. My grandfather shot it. I haven't seen once since.

Comment

I wouldn't say a black bear is weak, I watched one swat a 16 pound bowling ball into a chain link fence, and it was like one of us kicking a dodge ball. Bulged the chain link fence. You could see claw marks on the bowling ball also. Easily take your head off, it's just most are shy and prefer to avoid us. They do have the means to give you the worst day of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I would be skeered if I had a close encounter with a bear. I ain't gonna lie. Seen too many movies I guess

I did see a black bear where I live in East Texas, but that was many years (35-40) ago. My grandfather shot it. I haven't seen once since.
                  That el learn em!

Comment

Wow. I bet that was a cool experience and memory to have. Thanks for sharing it, was it down by a caney creek by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                      Wow. I bet that was a cool experience and memory to have. Thanks for sharing it, was it down by a caney creek by chance?

No sir it was near menard creek near Hardin/Polk County line. Back in the day my great grandfather preferred bear meat over hog and deer. I guess he ate them all

Comment

No sir it was near menard creek near Hardin/Polk County line. Back in the day my great grandfather preferred bear meat over hog and deer. I guess he ate them all
                        It must be good meat, the caddo lived off bear and deer. East tx has a great environment for them with all the creeks, rivers and bottomland and now swine to add to their menu.

Comment

Scary for sure

Comment

Well, this is timely. I've hiked that trail several times. It's about 20 minutes from my old house in Anchorage.

A 16-year-old boy was killed after being mauled by a black bear while running in a race Sunday, Alaska State Troopers said.

Comment

I have a shaky, grainy, Iphone video of one climbing a tree with me in Quebec, all the way to the tree stand. I also still have parts of my seat cushion in my butthole. He was just curious, and only about 150-175lbs, but I don't have a lot of experience fighting bears in trees, so I gave him the advantage. I finally just said, "Get outta here"....that SOB ripped bark off the tree getting down so fast. He knew then I was a born tree-fighter and I don't put up with nonsense.

Comment

That's a crazy experience post the video!

Comment

Working...
                                X