Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Who've Had a Dog Rattlesnake Bit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen several dogs that were bitten by snakes. Not sure what bit them though. Probably cottonmouth or copperhead. They swell up really bad. Only one we lost was a young coonhound that was bitten while hunting and collar was on.

Comment

Hope he pulls thru....

Comment

It sucks to watch them and worry but most survive just fine.

Comment

Sorry to hear, hope he gets better.

Comment

Those Who've Had a Dog Rattlesnake Bit...

Sounds like he's made slight improvement over night.

I appreciate the replies, it sounds like ol boy may be fine. We'll tell Brady what happened when we get home so he'll understand there are critters out there that can hurt us, but I don't see the point in ruining his vacation, as he can be a worrier.

Thanks again for the reassurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know a girl that just lost her dog to a rattlesnake bite to the hind leg. Now this dog was 14 years and about 25 lbs. Hope he gets better.

Comment

Sorry to hear that I hope he gets better soon. Had a friend who's dog died from a bit. He was out boating and pulled up to land and the dog jumped off the boat right in front of the snake and it bit him in the face.

Comment

My Jack Russell got bit on the nose by a rattlesnake last year. She got antivenom within a couple of hours and within two days she was back to normal.

Comment

We lost one of our English Bulldogs several years ago. We think she stood over the snake (Most likely a copperhead), took more than one hit to her chest area. She was loaded up on everything we had medication wise to treat a snakbite in a dog. She got better the next morning and began acting normal, until she fell over and died right next to me while I was cooking breakfast. She took to many hits and it was in a bad spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Sounds like he's made slight improvement over night.

I appreciate the replies, it sounds like ol boy may be fine. We'll tell Brady what happened when we get home so he'll understand there are critters out there that can hurt us, but I don't see the point in ruining his vacation, as he can be a worrier.

Thanks again for the reassurance.

Good idea Dad. Y'all have a great time.

Comment

My 27 lb Brittany got it right in the top of her head. Anti venom and 3 days ....

Comment

Sounds like old blue dog turned the corner yesterday, and is going home tomorrow!

Comment

That a boy Blue Dog!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to hear

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Sounds like old blue dog turned the corner yesterday, and is going home tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X