No announcement yet.

Canning Meat (Venison). My Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see this stuff, and I'm intrigued...and I want to partake. But this is the reality of the situation...

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Hey Dale, go buy this pressure thing to take up space in the cabinet, so you can spend 3 hours one night making a mess in the kitchen, doing a bunch of stuff you don't know squat about...all so Blair can look at you like a moron some more and turn up her nose at your jars full of dog food looking stuff! No really, you and Brady will love eating this stuff while Blair eats a salad, then you can clean up the pressure thing and the kitchen...

Sent from probably a drone, or HD video camera or some **** thing...

Comment

Ok I fell for it!!! Ordered my pressure cooker off Amazon. I have cooked 3batches so far arround. 30 jars made. I had to try it so i made a quick Venison? And donut stop later!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff.
        Like Glen said, let it set a few months before eating....
        my favorite is tuna. Season with a little sesame oil, lemon grass, dill and sea salt

Comment

Man that looks great

Comment

I see the makings of a new team for Bownanza!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
              Ok I fell for it!!! Ordered my pressure cooker off Amazon. I have cooked 3batches so far arround. 30 jars made. I had to try it so i made a quick Venison? And donut stop later!!!

I was falling asleep when typing this I guess!! Lol. I have no idea what I was trying to say!!! I’m thinking auto correct got me talking about a donut shop!!!

I did make venison stroganoff with it and all the family approved. I have prob 30 jars canned right now

Comment

Nicely done!
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Try adding beef broth to your jars before pressure canning..........good stuff for sure.

Comment

Try adding beef broth and a couple small pieces of beef fat,( I save mine when I trim my bbq briskets} to your jars before pressure canning..........good stuff for sure.

Comment

I'm even considering smoking some fish and canning it next year. Aunt dies salmon in Alaska. She sends some down every year and it's awesome

Comment

WOnder about a piece of salt pork in the jar...
                        Last edited by BrianL; 12-08-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I will be able to can starting Tuesday, or at least my storage closet will be a little fuller one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            There's a fine line between being a prepper and being prepared.

I've recently canned venison, rabbit, pork butt, chicken thighs, duck and a couple of sauces. The venison is good. Chicken worked great for a quick Curried Chicken Salad. I'm a HUGE fan of the pork - I made quick "carnitas" tacos last week when I was at the ranch by myself, as well as some gorditas. I want to can some potatoes for a quick meat and tater meal!

I actually canned some of the doe I shot last weekend (and some chicken) in half-pint jars for quick single-serve lunches.
                            How was the rabbit?

Comment

I’ve canned venison stock be fore but never canned the meat. Might have to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                                How was the rabbit?

I haven't eaten any yet. I want to let it sit for a bit, but I'll probably head back down to the ranch next week and want to know if I like it and whether or not to shoot a few more.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X