SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
    My brother in law has a friend that is retired from bowmaking and occasionally makes some when he feels up to it. The recurves were made by him. 50# 29" draws. Beautiful bows. Hoping I can score one. Here's a better pic.
    I've heard that Boyers never retire... they just stop taking orders.

They are fun and addicting aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
      Both, took that Savage over/under .22 over 20 gauge.

Okay, getting to go to Africa this summer. Thought gun hunt only but PH told me to bring my bow too. I need to find a heavier arrow and stout fixed broadhead. Any suggestions or where to look up what I need?
      Thanks.
      Post up a thread in the Around the Campfire or search for some of the older posts. A lot of people hunt Africa with bows on here. There are a lot of folks on the trad side that hunt Africa too. Two big things other than good tune are heavy arrow is good as well is making sure you have crazy sharp broadheads. I don't think you will have to go to the extreme and put in crazy weight tubes and all that jazz. There are a couple of arrow shafts out there that are already pretty heavy. FMJs and Carbon Express heritage are already in the 10gpi + range.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        I've heard that Boyers never retire... they just stop taking orders.

They are fun and addicting aren't they?

I've made a few longbows and shot a few recurves in my day but nothing like these. Super light, (cocobolo?) tons of inlay and hand file work. The tips were even filed to look like arrowheads. Sweeeeeet draws and very accurate....Me shoot...caveman came out and me want one. Wife say yes. If me get bow me be like good puppy. Kill things lay at wifes feet. Oongah boongah [emoji3]

Comment

I've made a few longbows and shot a few recurves in my day but nothing like these. Super light, (cocobolo?) tons of inlay and hand file work. The tips were even filed to look like arrowheads. Sweeeeeet draws and very accurate....Me shoot...caveman came out and me want one. Wife say yes. If me get bow me be like good puppy. Kill things lay at wifes feet. Oongah boongah [emoji3]
          Some of that sure sounds likes Rolands bows. I was noticing that it even has writing on the top limb and the bottoms. I'm sure a number of bowyers do that but so does Roland, as well a doing file work on the tips, and now also on a piece of overlay on the grip and the overlay of the fade outs. Either wya, they look good

Comment

Yeah, all this time you shoot a stickbow and you keep that little tidbit to yourself!

Get some closer pics of the risers and the file work! It does sound a lot like Rolands.

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous bows. No way you can fit all of the detail in one pic. So here's another [emoji12] This one had me drooling instantly

Comment

That's Rolands work right there buddy
                Last edited by TMiddleton; 05-09-2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

It does look like it says Roland. I dunno for sure I'll have to ask. Wish I could get my hands on one of my very own. Either way these bows finally got my wife's attention. She saw me drooling and squirming I guess and she's finally onboard for me getting a decent recurve [emoji3]

Comment

Be careful... getting your hands on a smooth shooting trad bow can potentially ruin the way you used to approach hunting season. Late September hits you and you realize you haven't pulled out the compound since... well... December.

Comment

It does look like it says Roland. I dunno for sure I'll have to ask. Wish I could get my hands on one of my very own. Either way these bows finally got my wife's attention. She saw me drooling and squirming I guess and she's finally onboard for me getting a decent recurve [emoji3]

My top limb.

The side of my riser.

Grip overlay.

Tips.

Look familiar?

Comment

I sure hope I have that "problem" soon. 144 days until deer season!!

Comment

We keep this up and we're going to overtake this thread with trad. Is that another reason daniel got quiet? too much trad talk?

Really, the boy's been too quiet overall lately.

Comment

Keep talking traditional, I like it!! Lol

Comment

Zzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzz. Jk I have been busy. That's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Speak of the devil and he shall arrive

Comment

Working...
                                X