Pig Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giterrell View Post
    I made mine the same and have since gotten ride of chain because it does not move freely around a t post and a big boar kept breaking it. I now use a clamped cable that is run thru the hole and no more eye bolt
    We'll I thought that ring would help, I had a swivel I was gonna use on the end of the chain by the pipe but it broke. So if it breaks from that I'll try something else

Comment

I'd have put my I bolt on the other end. If you didn't double nut the eye bolt they will get it off.

Comment

Any pic of the crimped cable instead of the eye bolt?

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
          I'd have put my I bolt on the other end. If you didn't double nut the eye bolt they will get it off.
          I double nutted the eye bolt

Comment

Originally posted by tater_salad View Post
            I double nutted the eye bolt
            So did I and even with a lock nut......still didn't work!

Comment

cable is so much easier and there is no way a hog can break it! All you have to do is drill a hole in the end cap like you normally would use for an eye bolt and feed the cable thru it and clamp it!

Less parts/cheaper and can't be unscrewed or broken!

Comment

cable is so much easier and there is no way a hog can break it! All you have to do is drill a hole in the end cap like you normally would use for an eye bolt and feed the cable thru it and clamp it!

Less parts/cheaper and can't be unscrewed or broken!
                Welp, I'll give this one a try, if the chain breaks, I'll be moving on to cable fr them on!! Haha hopefully it doesn't break

Comment

Originally posted by tater_salad View Post
                  Welp, I'll give this one a try, if the chain breaks, I'll be moving on to cable fr them on!! Haha hopefully it doesn't break
                  i hope so for your sake also. Was a bad feeling going back to the area my pipe was at and not seeing the pipe within 100 yards and then therefore not being able to hunt over it since it was gone for 2 weeks.

Comment

i hope so for your sake also. Was a bad feeling going back to the area my pipe was at and not seeing the pipe within 100 yards and then therefore not being able to hunt over it since it was gone for 2 weeks.
                    Yeah I don't wanna have to go venturing off lookin for my pipe! lol but at least I got spare pipe to make another

Comment

They work great!!

Comment

Has anyone run the cable all the way through the pipe and clamped the tag end after it went through the pipe. Then on the other end make your loop and clamp. This way there won't be any swivels!

Comment

I did away with swivels, and chain.

Attached Files

Comment

I'm gonna give this^^^ a try

Comment

Made mine up today... 3" pipe, 5/16" cable and a couple of clamps, pretty simple

Comment

Looks good slinging carbon. You won't regret using that stake. It won't bind up and stays in the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X