Friend needs another truck driving job immediately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend needs another truck driving job immediately

Was with his former employer 20 years or more. From what I know, he had a good driving record. Can pass a drug test and is a dependable driver.

Here’s why he is out of a job. There’s more to it I believe, but that’s my opinion as to why they really suspended him. He was pulling double trailers and for some reason the back trailer flipped over. From what I’ve been told about doubles by others, is that if the back trailer is loaded top heavy or front heavy, it can be unstable on flat highway. An issue with the dolly alone or brakes could potentially flip the trailer too.

He needs another steady driving job with benefits. Not aware of what other endorsements he possesses.

People are gonna ask where he’s located

Comment

You’re right. Forgot about that. He lives about 30 minutes south of DFW. Was used to pulling doubles to Arkansas and I think maybe Oklahoma. Did this daily for a freight company.

Comment

Dude if he wanted to work the oil patch, he get a job dang quick. They are paying sign on bonuses down here now.

Comment

Jb hunt is always hiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With the current driver shortage, he will probably have 5 offers by Monday afternoon. Just tell him not to settle on something he doesn't want to do.

Comment

Ditto on oilfield and not settling. If the back trailer is heavier than the front trailer, then the back will not "follow" the front and potential to flip is there for sure. CRST and Walmart are top payers for OTR style trucking but I bet he knows that. If he wants a change and is into flatbed/drop decks he can try http://www.transwaytransport.com/. They have many drivers 15 plus years and the ones I dealt with seemed happy. I know they go 48 state also. If he applies to Transway, PM me and I will get you a contact name to use.
              I did OTR, LTL, and the oil patch, some times I miss those days. I wish him the best of luck

Comment

Heard today Walmart is hiring in Dallas! Go on line to apply!

Comment

Look at Copart Forney. Hiring now for lots of positions. Possibly trucking. moving equipment all over the place. Great benefits.

Comment

Old dominion. They haul lots of doubles

Comment

Thank you guys. He appreciates the input. He was very loyal to his now former employer for well over two decades. As many on here know, loyalty isn’t always appreciated by an employer. I can testify to that for sure.

Comment

Tons of jobs in Midlothian hauling bulk cement. Indeed.com has them listed. Guy I know that does it leaves around 2-3 am and is home at 2-3pm

Comment

I'm hauling doubles right now. Cross country. I haul sets every day. Rolling the back box is common, you just have to be very aware of your weights, percentages etc. Its not just as simple as the box rolled. He ll def catch another job. Tell him hang in there. Every trucking company is hiring

Comment

Tell Sergio I hate it for him. Good luck on finding something else. Tell him Estes is hiring in Dallas off Singleton.

Comment

If he can haul Hazmat (or is interested in pursuing it), PM me. We are out of Midlothian and always interested in finding good drivers.

Comment

Working...
                              X