No announcement yet.

Life/carrer after L.E.O.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember asking my old partner hey lets open a brothel when we retire, he says hell yeah{I was single then}I tell him since you will be retiring before me you can run it by HAND til I get some employee's........it took him a second before he got it

Comment

I'm planning on retiring within the next year or two and looking at running for JP in the precinct that I live in.....If I lose, then I'm gonna go fishing.

Comment

I have worked with several retired LEO's that have transitioned into safety for various industries.
        Probably very boring and monotonous but it might be a good way to take in some more income and benefits.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_243 View Post
            If I lose, then I'm gonna go fishing.
            Gimme a call....if you don't mind guiding a dope smoking hippie!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Gimme a call....if you don't mind guiding a dope smoking hippie!

You got Bobby. We can chase after flying fish. LOL

Comment

Heck yeah. I'm in

Nos narro pro silentium

Comment

One I know does CHL classes.

DJ

Comment

Run illegals, sell some dope, rent some women, do a couple of hired hits. If you couldn't beat em (an I know you gave thirty years of very very very hard effort) join em.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Comment

I just wanna live here, fish there, hunt way over there and when I get bored go work or volunteer

Comment

Im gonna re-apply to a bunch of agencies. THEN sue them for age discrimination when they say I'm to old...... And win billions and billions of dollars for my retirement fund.

Then when I wake up, Im gonna do what Amy says I need to do for the rest of the day, and maybe fish....poop, build some stuff, nap, poop....move some things from one side of shop to other, poop. Go to bed. Start over next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post

Then when I wake up, Im gonna do what Amy says I need to do for the rest of the day, and maybe fish....poop, build some stuff, nap, poop....move some things from one side of shop to other, poop. Go to bed. Start over next day.
                          Sounds like a crappy retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Sounds like a crappy retirement.

Comment

I worked on our house some (and property) for about 6 months. Then I got an opportunity to work part time as a report writer for folks doing emergency management exercises. I did that for about 5 years before it went under (grant funded). During that same time, I handled my deceased mother's home sale, handled my step-father's move into two assisted living facilities and his money, tax returns, etc. After one of my lungs blew out in Dec 2013, I stopped fishing and hunting, selling almost all I had. After a year of that, I said "hail with that" and got another, smaller boat, bow, guns and have only been fishing a couple of times. Now I mow, repair things around the house, go fishing once in a great while, and help a couple of older folks in the neighborhood with odds and ends. We still make a trip to Louisiana now and then, but wife is pushing to go out west in about a month or so, just seeing something different. I keep saying I don't know how I did what I do when I was working 40+ every week. Oh, and I do take my share of naps too!

Comment

I'm 20 years in and still have about 14-15 years to go but I would love to go to work with the Texas Baptist Men. Travel, build churches and hang out with cool folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X