No announcement yet.

Best Home Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We adopted two pitbulls. Charolette and Buckie are just adorable little 100lb teddy bears. We know they won't actually hurt anyone but they sleep in the living room as a "deterrent" in case someone walks in the house unannounced. My four year old just crawls all over them tugging on those soft little ears and such.

Non of that is true. I have an Ithaca 12 gauge that takes care of home defense.

God bless and happy hunting.
      Richard.

Comment

Well if anyone ever managed to make it past my attack corgi then my wife’s night stand has a 9mm and mine has a 45.

300bo SBR is in the closet. Wife knows to grab her pistol and the rifle and shut herself in the bathroom. I really want to build a 20ga or 410 up for home defense

Comment

I have my AR pistol and a few various 9mm glocks.

Comment

12ga with high brass 6's

Comment

Have a youth model 20gauge with #4’s a cow dog and solid lock on the door for the wife. I have my AR and a light for “hunting”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone suggested something belt fed? Judging from the previous answers, I'm going to guess this idea won't be well-received. ;-)

LWD

Comment

1) Door Guardians on all exterior doors. Check them out at Ace hardware. Found these a few years ago and nearly impossible to kick in or sledgehammer through.

2) Carly (friendly dog with those we tell her to be)

3) SSBR w/ light until shotgun purchase
                  Attached Files

Comment

Neopolitan Mastiff?

Comment

Handguns and defenders with red dots. No lights to give our position

All here know to shoot till empty

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                        A fresh can of wasp and hornet spray...
                        I bought my wife a can of bear spray. No doubt she can and will be able to use it effectively should the need arise. Cleanup would suck but that is pretty low on my list of concerns in this situation.

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        Whatever I can grab the quickest. I still think I need to get a chainsaw for a home defense weapon. You talk about the sound of a shotgun chambering a round making someone run,mine is already loaded. But a chainsaw would have the same affect if not even better. If you were in someone's house in the dark,you've never been there before so you don't know the layout and somewhere in the darkness you hear a chainsaw try to turn over. All the sudden the chainsaw comes to life and a half naked guy runs out swinging it,lops the legs off a table and continues towards you....you ain't gonna stay there and see what happens next.

Heck I'd probably run out fully nude just for the full affect.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                          Neopolitan Mastiff?
                          Very possible but she was a new born rescue so we’re not certain. Smart dog, great with the family and takes instruction. Pretty good bark to boot.

Comment

90# of muscle and teeth.... he’s proved his stripes with an attempted intruder already. Backup is my EDC 9mm on the nightstand.

Comment

This and my Anatolian Shepard.

Comment

I’ve got a Remington 870 (18.5” barrel w/extended tube) and 00 Buck.

My sound alarm are two Corgis that bark at anything. And I mean anything out of the ordinary. If I open a door in the middle of the night they’re flipping **** barking.

I’ll also randomly have a pistol or AR15 sitting next to my bed after hunting. But that 870 with 00 is my go to in this 1100 sq ft house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X