Two bear attacks this week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    There are two thing you can never ever trust. Bears and ex wives.
    True. But I think the first is much more predictable.

The only thing stable about my ex,
    was her instability.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
      i think a survey would prove that a vast majority thinks that bears are extremely dangerous. i could be wrong, all the lib cupcakes might find them cuddly.
      Yea there use to be a fella and his wife that thought they were the grizzlys best friend... They camped with them.. They were great friends right up until they both got ate alive...

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
        We're going to Jackson Hole next month.Plan on hiking alot around the tetons.I guess I'll buy some bear spray.Heck I don't think I've ever even seen bear spray.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
        My oldest son lives in Jackson. First time I went there and we were preparing to go fishing he handed me a can of bear spray and told me to keep it handy. Seriously? I asked. Yes, seriously he said. They have grizzlies in that country. Big, big bears. Think I read somewhere that they can run at speeds of over 30 mph for short distances and can climb trees. Holy moly!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          My oldest son lives in Jackson. First time I went there and we were preparing to go fishing he handed me a can of bear spray and told me to keep it handy. Seriously? I asked. Yes, seriously he said. They have grizzlies in that country. Big, big bears. Think I read somewhere that they can run at speeds of over 30 mph for short distances and can climb trees. Holy moly!
          Hope spraying bears is easier than spraying bees.I'm not a very good shot with spray cans

Comment

I have a 454 revolver in the classifieds. Just sayin'.

Comment

Black Bears on a roll. Another fatal attract today.
              Good thing my Daughter has her big ole Hebrew Gun. Since Canada wouldn't let me bring my stuff.

Comment

its important to examine bear droppings to know what type is in the area. you can wear small bells to alert black and brown bears, and use spray as deterrent. their droppings are largely buds, berries and grasses.

grizzly droppings typically contain bells, spray cans, and human bone.

Comment

A few years back while exploring the Gila National Forest in New Mexico my nephews and I spotted a beautiful cinnamon bear at about 80 yds. At that moment, I don't think the bear had noticed our presence. My initial intentions were that we would watch the bear for a while and than go On with our hike. As the bear made its way through an open area we noticed a cub about 15 yds ahead of the momma. At that point I new it was not a good idea for us to be any closer and that we needed to start creating distance. I sent my nephews directly away from the bears' location and as the momma bear noticed us she made a growling noise at which the cub turned and ran to her. Moments later they both high tailed it out pretty fast in the opposite direction.

Obviously it could have been bad to end up between the momma and the cub or any where near the cub for that matter. At the time, my nephews though I was crazy for having us retreat at the sight of the cub. They were 13 and 15 at the time. I explained the danger in being close to a bear especially one with a cub and hope they learned something form it.

Comment

Black Bears can be cantankerous old farts. This one had our guide treed for almost 7 hours when he was setting up a bait site. He was extremely happy to see one of our group take him out.

Comment

There was a movie that came out several years ago called "Grizzly Man" I believe. It involved a man living with grizzlies every year. Crazy movie and dude. Eventually he and his girlfriend were eaten by this particular bear. A guide found his rib cage from the air.

Comment

[QUOTE=41Chevy;12517483]Black Bears can be cantankerous old farts. This one had our guide treed for almost 7 hours when he was setting up a bait site. He was extremely happy to see one of our group take him out.

[/QUOTE

That's not a black bear that is a grizzly. It would be scary to be treed by one but safest place to be bc grizzlies cant climb trees, they are just too big and heavy, blacks can climb trees and grizzly cubs can climb trees. Cool story thanks for shari it.
                        Last edited by forest-hunter; 06-20-2017, 05:28 AM.

Comment

15+1 plus another 15 180gr JHP 10mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            There are two thing you can never ever trust. Bears and ex wives.
                            I would the think the bears are easier to fight with!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                              We're going to Jackson Hole next month.Plan on hiking alot around the tetons.I guess I'll buy some bear spray.Heck I don't think I've ever even seen bear spray.

Last time we went hiking in Yellowstone, park ranger said talk loudly and make noise occasionally. Even sugggest wearing a bell on the back packs. Said bears usually will move on, also said bearspray is not 100% effective all of the time. Have fun should be nice up in that area.

Comment

My 16 year old daughter was out evening the score with those black bears last week in Quebec.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Taryn_bear1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	24499020

Click image for larger version

Name:	Taryn_bear2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	24499021

Comment

Working...