No announcement yet.

Scorpions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading feed bags the other day without gloves and BAM! You know it, right on my expression finger. A week before that went to get the mail and BAM on my index finger. Dang thing was in my mail box. I went back to the house and got a caulk gun and caulked ever little hole in the mail box.

Those red wasps pack a punch as good as them scorpions. I was putting a saddle on a pony mule in the barn and when I put the saddle on him the stirrup hit the barn wall. Red wasps came out ever where and they tore me up and the poor little mule was tied up and getting hit in the face from them. I ran back in there and got him loose but they had swelled his eyes shut. Bad stuff.

Comment

Demon and more demon. Inside and out. Good stuff. I hate scorpions.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
        We have one of those. We've only found one in the house so far this year but it is only a matter of time til more show up.
        Did you scout around the area outside with the light and look under stuff Too?
        I have found them under the bark on logs and trees alot.

Comment

^^^ Yep. Our best find was a few years back when we found a momma with a jillion babies on her back!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Buddy of mine is building a new house in the Columbus area... has a small living quarters in his new barn... He got up last Sunday morning and put his pants on that were hanging on a rack on the wall... well up off the floor... Scorpion got him on his leg twice before he could get to it and it got him on the hand while he was trying to keep it from hittin' his leg again... He was a hurtin' puppy for the rest of the day... Lots of Benedryl and pain meds, but seems to be OK now... I had told him to watch out for 'em as they are always around new construction in wooded areas for some reason... He believes me now!!
            Just had my house built. Found a couple outside plus a trantula on a shutter. Never seen a trantula in Grimes County before.

Comment

Killed this little lady the other day. She was not happy when I woke her up lol. Never seen the babies before.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
                ^^^ Yep. Our best find was a few years back when we found a momma with a jillion babies on her back!
                "Jillion"

Just lernt me new one. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  "Jillion"

Just lernt me new one. Lol
                  That's not very many. A gajillion and a bazillion are much more X1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Comment

Scorpions a re a regular item here. In the last week or so I bet we have had a dozen of them in the house. Some we catch and throw out, some don't get treated so nice. They really are not aggressive bugs if you don't trap them in your clothes with you. Been popped a few times as has my wife. Always thought it was similar to the bigger red wasp as far as the sting itself.

Comment

Scorpins

I had good luck with Biffin /and Demon..Glue traps work.My BIL swears that Sprinkle cinnimon on door thresholds and window edges and other entry places ..keeps them away..He lives in AZ

Comment

I have found that the pain from a scorpion sting is immediate and intense. Fortunately it doesn't last long though, especially if you ice it down.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                          I have found that the pain from a scorpion sting is immediate and intense. Fortunately it doesn't last long though, especially if you ice it down.
                          Makes me drink beer

Comment

I'd have demon on hand for perimeter spray if I started seeing any... I don't jack with bugs

Comment

Cy-kick works well, too, and mixes a little better (less staining) than Demon.

Comment

Here is an idea.
                                Lay some 2x4s in an x pattern in an area that you think may have scorpions near. Bury a container such as a folders can, 5 gallon bucket or similar at the center of the x so that any scorpions that follow the boards fall into it. Lay a board or something over the top of the container to shade any captives you might not want to die. Then check daily for captives and post pictures for us to see what you catch. Buy some resin and make these and sell them to green screeners and give them as gifts.

Comment

Working...
                                X