baiting axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cake View Post
    Get a bail of alfalfa... They can't resist...
    X2

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
      Water is always good in the summer.

Corn and protein work too. It's more a function of being in the right place at the right time than anything else (at least on our place). They're fairly nomadic here.

Awesome AXIS

Comment

Originally posted by Signcutter336 View Post
        I have been hunting at my place for 10 years North of Del Rio, Texas and have been told their were free range Axis in our area. I had never seen them but after putting out cotton seed to see if my WT would eat it, POW I have the Axis deer almost every day EATING the cotton seed I put out! Crazy.......
        PM Sent

Comment

the main key is plan on sitting all day. you can't kill one if you are not in the stand. they are very wierd animals and you cannot pattern them. may see them one day at 10 and never see them again that week. good luck

Comment

I have axis on our place and it is true it is a hit or miss. The males travel weird and sometimes wont come for a couple days but the does travel with the whitetail. I have them on record rack protein feed. Figured out to put my feeder at 7:00 am so they can stop coming overnight
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X