Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	24188174
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365356262.228610.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	24188175

Comment

I ended up coming it for 8 hours on low in the Croc Pot... I tested it at 6 hours and it was done but lunch wasn't for another 2 hours....
      Butttt
      When it was time to eat we ate almost all of it and for dinner we are putting the juice on toast...
      It was fantastic

I will be cooking this often but I will be making one change...... Double the amount of meat..

Thanks for the recipe

Comment

Made this today for our United Methodist Men's fur, feather, & fin dinner tonight at church. It was a huge success. Used a roast from an axis I shot last year.

Comment

I made some out of a smoked wild pig...

It turned out well....

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365905020.698934.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	24190893

Comment

Originally posted by tod View Post
            Anybody cook this in a Croc Pot?
            I'm gonna try this in the am so I was wondering how long you cook in a crackpot..... I know times will vary, but are we talking about 4 hours, 8 hours etc....
            I cook it in the croc pot every time and it always turns out great. I brown the meat seasoned with blue dot, i go ahead and add the seasoning right away from the start along with a whole onion! I cook it in the croc pot for around 6 to 8 hrs... It done enough to eat after 5 to 6 hrs but I like it falling apart tender!

The only change I'm gonna make next time is I'm gonna throw in a little semi cooked bacon...

I love this stuff and its a great deer camp meal!

Comment

My wife saw this thread and bought some of the Fiesta CG seasoning last week at Food Fair in New Caney. Looks like today is the day for the test run on our first batch.

Thanks guys, this is a great day.

Comment

Ive got another batch in the pan. This is back strap trimmings an onion. Oh yea.
                Attached Files

Comment

The more I think about this stuff, I think it would be an amazing recipe for dove breast. Make the geavy heavy and put on a tortilla with cream. Mmmmmmm!

Comment

Wife wants Carne guisada on my non-hunting weekend, the wife gets carne guisada..

Love this Fiesta stuff..

Name:	guisada.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	24264610

Comment

Going to be cooking some tonight for dinner.

Comment

looks good

Comment

looks awesome

Comment

Holy cow! This stuff is awesome!

Bought a pressure cooker, and decided to try this recipe. Cut some pork into 1" cubes and browned in oil with salt and black pepper. Will leave the salt out next time, as I think the fiesta has enough.

Added the 2 cups of water, rough diced onion, a can of Rotel, and 1 whole serrano pepper then pressure cooked for 15 minutes. I had never pressure cooked before, and I think you could go a lot less time than that, as the pork was pretty much falling apart.

Took cooker off the heat and let sit for a few minutes. Couldn't stand waiting, as I wanted to eat before we left to meet friends, so I cooled the cooker in the sink.

Opened pot and added the 5 tbls. Of fiesta. Simmered it as described, with lid off, and it wasn't thickening as much as I wanted. I ended up adding 2 more tablespoons of fiesta trying to get it thicker. Note: it will thicken some when it cools.

Next time, I will probably use the 5 tablespoons of fiesta, maybe 6. I will also try to shorten my time on the meat, and pressure cook a few more minutes after adding the fiesta. I'm thinking a little bit of corn starch would get me the gravy consistency I was looking for.

Seriously guys, if you haven't tried this, it is way well worth it.

Ok, time to heat the left overs.
                            Last edited by Ironman; 03-05-2014, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Made some last week. Simple and Good!

Comment

One of my new favorite recipes!

Comment

Working...
                                X