No announcement yet.

Tuning guidance please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last nights 15 yd session. After grouping fletched several times in same spot I just left fletched in target and just shot bareshaft so as to not tire out too much. The droopy lighted nock was because I started pulling it but then decided to leave it for reference.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Next

Comment

Proxima

Comment

And then

Comment

Uno mas

Comment

No mas.

What do yall think I should adjust?

Comment

You rule. Thanks Rabbit.

Thanks Chuck. Thanks Richard.

Comment

get your bareshafts to show slightly weak and nock high. (right a few inches and low a few inches)

the feathers will stiffen your shaft a little bit, so will a wrap.

If you want to get real technical. Pick one nock and stick with it. the lighted nocks are double the weight of a regular nock.

different nocks also fit the string differently not to mention a wider nock will seperate your string nocks if you have 2 nocks on your string.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                    get your bareshafts to show slightly weak and nock high. (right a few inches and low a few inches)

the feathers will stiffen your shaft a little bit, so will a wrap.

If you want to get real technical. Pick one nock and stick with it. the lighted nocks are double the weight of a regular nock.

different nocks also fit the string differently not to mention a wider nock will seperate your string nocks if you have 2 nocks on your string.
                    Thank you for the guidance Ballgame...Does this mean I start cutting now? Im shooting left handed.

Ive seen some of what your talking about with nocks separating...and walking the string some
                    Last edited by Briar Friar; 02-07-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

In that last group picture you posted:

your fletched arrows are showing nock high, and your bare shafts are showing a bit nock low.

In my opinion from seeing that, and examining the wear on your fletching, you are indeed nock low, which is causing the arrow to ramp off the shelf, and the fletching is making contact at pass causing the tail end to rise.

All purely speculation of course. Impossible to know for sure without actually witnessing the shots.

Rick

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Rick. Ill start adjusting the nocking point up. The bareshafts visibly kick nock high prior to impact.

Comment

I kept moving my nocking point higher even though (I was nocking point high per Easton tuning guide) the bareshafts were low and nock high. The groups kept getting tighter. This is 20 yards this morning...after a few rounds...then the group opened back up. Top of bottom nock is 3/8" and bottom of top is 9/16".

Im gonna try to scoot over to Double G and shoot some paper...or build me a rig.

Byron

Comment

If you have the feb/mar 2015 Traditional Bowhunter magazine Denny Sturgis Jr has a real easy guide to paper tuning with a fletched shaft. Not much effort or money involved. Just a roll of cheap freezer paper and a wooden frame to stretch it across. Bare shaft tuning is hard for me because my form still sucks. If you want I’ll bring the article to you at Fredericksburg.

Comment

Thank you Chuck. I think I have a freestanding range appliance box squirreled away. Im gonna fanagle something this evening with my kids art paper roll. With my long arrows Im gonna have to lay it over... shoot through the top to a bag at the bottom. Im running out of time today to get to DoubleG.

Comment

Finally got a paper tuning rig built from real estate sign holder, card board, construction paper, and soccer cones for elevation.

Round 1

Comment

Working...
                                X