Fletching tape is my new best friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching tape is my new best friend

Took less than an hour to fletch a dozen arrows for next month. No muss, no fuss and no glue all over everything. Yep, fletching tape is my new best friend!

Richard.

I use it as well. Makes it a lot easier. I put a drop of glue at the ends of the fletch to help secure it even more.

Comment

I have yet to try it but keep hearing nothing but good about it. Richard, do you use the dispenser or just the tape?

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
        I have yet to try it but keep hearing nothing but good about it. Richard, do you use the dispenser or just the tape?
        I think the tape is easy by itself. Use a headlamp so you can see that you are straight on the quill, cut 1/8" from end of clamp, lay it down to stick over end of clamp, and sharp scissors make the cut and scrape the backing. Drop of super glue on the front of quill.

Very good adhesion, never had any come off of any shaft material. Easy/quick to apply. No drying time.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
          Sorry i missed this. Right now I just use the tape. I was going to get a dispenser but read some bad reviews in the couple I looked at.

Richard

Comment

Be sure to store it in the fridge, keeps it from going bad

Comment

Originally posted by loco cacahuate View Post
              Be sure to store it in the fridge, keeps it from going bad
              X2. There is enough tape on one of those rolls to do a lot more arrows I can fletch before the tape degrades. Don’t keep it the garage in the summer

Comment

When I run out of glue I'll try it. I have a dozen arrows with fletching coming in here in a few days.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been using the tape for years and I love it. I bought the dispenser a few months ago and the only good thing about it is that it comes with a roll of tape. After a few tries to get it to work I ended up cracking it open, pulled out the roll of tape and applied it by hand.

Comment

Thanks for the information on the dispenser and storage in the fridge. Time to fletch up some new ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X