Call from my bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
    Did they ask you to verify your account number or passwords?
    Me ? No call came on my cell as Rbfcu in my Contacts , asked me the Security questions only Rbfcu would know , to Verify I was me and then told me what had happened ,

Comment

My mom got online to deposit some money to her account and saw my brothers account balance dropping by the second.

Somebody in Mexico was pulling out $300 at a time- and did about 4 transactions before my Mom shut it down and called BoA.. They refunded the money thankfully but I find it funny I got a call when I made a purchase on a Louisiana roadtrip but they don't call for activity in Mexico

Comment

My mom got online to deposit some money to her account and saw my brothers account balance dropping by the second.

Somebody in Mexico was pulling out $300 at a time- and did about 4 transactions before my Mom shut it down and called BoA.. They refunded the money thankfully but I find it funny I got a call when I made a purchase on a Louisiana roadtrip but they don't call for activity in Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
          Skimmer got your card no. They can do it with your card still in your pocket.
          Originally posted by gadeerwoman View Post
          If it done on a credit card there are card readers that can be purchased for less than $100 that can scan your cards while in your wallet. Had it happen to me over a year ago at a Kroger store. Notice the guy with the scanner and assumed it was an employee. WRONG. Had a call the next day where 2 orders were made on-line: one less than $200 to check the validity of the card. The other at a BJ's Warehouse for a large screen tv. My card company and BJ's questioned it as it was being sent do a different address and called me. All thieves should be hung or planted in a fire ant hill!
          my cards don't have that wifi stuff any more.

Comment

There are a million and one ways for them to get your info. An easy hack into a system and they can take all the card numbers they want. You could have used your card 1 time and then locked it in a safe and someone could still get your number. The card compromises happen way more than you think. Heck I would be willing to bet you are 1 of 5000-20000 cards that got hit.

Comment

I used to travel a lot and had that happen several times. If traveling, I call the credit card company and give them dates and locations. My wife checks charges every day.

Comment

They should allow us hunters to hunt them down. Heck, sell tags and make some money.

Comment

Working...
                X