Call from my bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call from my bank

I just get a call from my bank asking me about a purchase to Walmart.com for a large amount of money also about a purchase in Oklahoma City another large amount of money Neither of which did I make. Thank God I pay for ID protection as both purchases were denied And the card shut down !! How the hell do they get my card # ?

I LOVE me some Rbfcu !!!!

Glad they shut it down. Hate those POS's that do that.

Comment

Shouldn't have to pay extra for that service but good thing they caught it! I work for a bank--stuff happens all the time. Luckily, fraud protection is getting better so these suckers don't get away with it!

Comment

Skimmer got your card no. They can do it with your card still in your pocket.

Comment

Heck Ya! RBFCU is by far the best bank I've ever dealt with. Glad they got you covered. I'm so sick of people stealing! Get a freaking job!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
            Skimmer got your card no. They can do it with your card still in your pocket.
            Unbelievable !!

Comment

Same thing happened to me a couple months ago. They tried to use mine to rent a limo in Toronto. Charge denied and card shut down.

Comment

Same deal happened to me too

Comment

Cleaned me out last year . They dont even try to catch the people they just write it off

Comment

Originally posted by gig one View Post
                    Cleaned me out last year . They dont even try to catch the people they just write it off
                    You had to pay for it?

Comment

I think shopping online triples your chances of fraud happening. I have 1 credit card that I use for all online purchases only, it has fraud charges once or twice a year for the last 4 years. My debit card & other credit card are never used online, only locally, and I had fraud charges only once between both those 2 cards in the same 4 year span.

Comment

I have worked too hard all my life to build good credit And pay all my bills on time to have some s*#thead Screw it all up !! If you don't have ID protection your walking thin ice !!

Comment

They got me on my honeymoon. Went to pay for a big dinner with the wife and BAM card declined. I had plenty of cash on me though. I called my mom, who is also my banker to look at my account and they got me for right at $500 which is what I keep in my checking at all times. They really liked some donut shop in NY as they spent almost all 500 there.

Comment

If it done on a credit card there are card readers that can be purchased for less than $100 that can scan your cards while in your wallet. Had it happen to me over a year ago at a Kroger store. Notice the guy with the scanner and assumed it was an employee. WRONG. Had a call the next day where 2 orders were made on-line: one less than $200 to check the validity of the card. The other at a BJ's Warehouse for a large screen tv. My card company and BJ's questioned it as it was being sent do a different address and called me. All thieves should be hung or planted in a fire ant hill!

Comment

Did they ask you to verify your account number or passwords?

Comment

Working...
                              X