No announcement yet.

Keith Johns Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still hunting when it comes to the nice shooters, but it's nice because you see activity during all sits

Comment

Thanks for the pictures!
      Those are both decent rams.
      How far were the shots for both rams? Including while stalking?

Comment

Nice rams

Comment

Thanks, both were at 20yrds, on the stalk the ram was hurting pretty bad and finally got him to bay up in some semi thick brush, I set her up looking at a clearing just to the side and had her draw while I flushed him from the brush into the lane and she shot em at about 10 yrds

Comment

Anyone know how big? Surely its HF?

Comment

I have talked to Keith twice now about his ranches.
              Yes, both are high fenced. His new one has a very nice lodge and is layed out slightly better if you are interested in doing some stalking.
              His new place is about an hour north of San Antonio.
              His older place is mostly ran by his son now but it is slightly bigger and has some hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Idahobow84 View Post
                I have talked to Keith twice now about his ranches.
                Yes, both are high fenced. His new one has a very nice lodge and is layed out slightly better if you are interested in doing some stalking.
                His new place is about an hour north of San Antonio.
                His older place is mostly ran by his son now but it is slightly bigger and has some hogs.
                His new place there by junction... thats 2 HOURS north of San Antonio.
                Timed it where I live in NE side SA,... to junction. And most of that ride is going 80mph on the highway !

Comment

Im sorry about the wrong information.
                  It has been awhile since I've made that drive.

Comment

How does Keith accommodate folks who would like to still hunt/stalk? Does he allow you freedom to move around on your own?

Comment

Don't count on stalking, it's just him and he drops everyone off and picks them up. I'm sure he wouldn't want to deal with lost hunters and also the possibility of you walking into another hunters area.
                      wouldn't you be upset if you paid money for a hunt only to have other hunters come walking across where you are hunting?

Now if your the only person hunting that day, he may let you, but I would just contact him about it or just count on stand hunting and ask about it when you get there.

Comment

Is this hunting over feeders, a corned road, tripods, box blinds, etc? I'd love to hear as much detail about a normal hunt on the new ranch as possible. I'd like to do four full days of hunting in June at either KJO, extreme, or Lee ranch. I've only been to extreme (under previous ownership).

Comment

Keith's Junction ranch does not have hogs. And he told us he will not stock that ranch with pigs. Been to Junction twice. Had opportunity each time but waiting on an Axis.It's high fenced and has an awesome lodge. Our last trip in December my wife, daughter in law and another hunter took his wife. Needless to say, my wife is ready to go back as a place to go as a get away. His ranch near Floresville is still in operation and run by his son Wade. That ranch has the hog hunting. Been to that one and had opportunity but also passed there too.

Comment

Working...
                          X